Having Concerns About Diesel Emissions Requirements?
Many local, state, and regional regulatory bodies are passing laws that mandate emissions compliance. If your equipment doesn't meet emissions standards, it can cost you time, money, and lost opportunities. Hawthorne Cat offers a number of emissions solutions. The best option (or mix of options) depends on your equipment, applications, local emissions requirements, and more.
Hawthorne is ready to assist you with:
Emissions Solutions for On-Highway Vehicles
Emission reduction technology allows you to comply with on-highway vehicle emission regulations, reduce risk and protect your business for the future. Retrofit your diesel-powered on-highway vehicles to keep your business on track.
Two types of Emissions Solutions are available for on-highway trucks and buses:
1) Oxidation Catalysts create a chemical reaction with exhaust gases as they pass through the catalyst material. This reaction coverts a large portion of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and other emissions into carbon dioxide and water. Available for diesel and natural gas engines, Cat Oxidation Catalysts come with a 1-year/8,000-hour warranty.
2) Diesel Particulate Solutions use special filters to reduce particulate matter (PM), carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon emissions. Exhaust backpressure is reduced through passive regeneration, a process that automatically removes particulate buildup. Available only for diesel engines, Cat Diesel Particulate solutions include a diagnostic module for backpressure and exhaust temperature monitoring.
The type of solution appropriate for a specific application depends on the configuration of the vehicles’ exhaust systems and the specific emissions targeted by the applicable emissions regulations.
Emissions Solutions for Off-Road Machines
Whether it's construction, quarry and aggregate, waste or any other industry powered by Cat diesel engines, Hawthorne can help you meet today's strict emissions requirements, as well as ready your fleet for future contracts. Off-road diesel engine emissions can be reduced with four different options:
- Catalyzed Converter/Muffler
- Diesel Particulate Filters
- Diesel Repower Solutions
- Emissions Upgrade Groups
Emissions Solutions for Stationary Equipment
Our emissions retrofit solutions extend beyond Cat machines, trucks, and school buses to include stationary engines. Stationary engines are used in power generation, air compression, water pumps, and gas compression applications. Emissions reduction technology for these products are similar to solutions used for machines, trucks, and buses. The end result is lower airborne emissions proving that retrofit technology is a cost-effective solution to reduce emissions for in-use engines that were not originally designed to meet today's tighter emissions standards.
After treatment Options:
- Oxidation Catalysts create a chemical reaction with exhaust gases as they pass over the catalyst material. This reaction reduces some of the particulate matter and converts a large portion of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and other emissions into carbon dioxide and water.
- Selective Catalytic Reduction effectively reduces emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx). By injecting urea (a non-hazardous form of ammonia) into the hot exhaust stream, this process reduces most exhaust emissions to harmless nitrogen water vapor.
- Diesel Particulate Filters use special filters to reduce particulate matter (PM), carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon emissions. Exhaust backpressure is maintained through passive regeneration, a process that automatically removes particulate buildup.
- Grants (Carl Moyer Program)
- Engine Family Codes
- FAQ’s on Air Resources Board
- Off-Road Registration
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- ARB Heavy-Duty Vehicle Air Quality Loan Program
- Heavy-Duty (Tractor-Trailer) Greenhouse Gas Regulation