Parts Return Policy & Warranty Information
Parts Return Policy
At times it is necessary for you to return unneeded parts. Processing these items back into inventory is expensive and time consuming. The following guidelines for returning parts will assure proper credit and minimize the cost involved. Your cooperation is appreciated.
*A copy of the packing slip or invoice MUST accompany all parts returned for credit.
New Parts (Stock Items)
- Returned Within 30 Days: FULL CREDIT
- Returned After 30 Days: 15% RESTOCKING CHARGE
- Not Accepted for Return after 12 months
New Parts (Non-Stock Items)
- Returned Within 30 Days: 15% Non-Stock Charge
- Returned After 30 Days: 25% Non-Stock charge
- Not Accepted for Return after 12 months
Non-Returnable Parts Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Items on the shipping list with an * in the NR column
- Items not new or not in new saleable condition
- Non-stock items having extended value of less than $60.00
- Items removed from sealed or protective packages and opened gasket kits
- Items replaced or discontinued by manufacturer
- Expendable items considered non-returnable to the manufacturer such as gaskets, fan belts, o-rings, hoses, etc.
- Any part that has been installed, cut to length or manufactured to your specification
- All bearings removed from the protective wrapping or that are not in the original container or package
- Fluid carrying tubes with the protective ends removed
- Items that are both non-stick and not returnable to our supplier
Hawthorne reserves the right to reject any and all parts return requests. Returned parts found unacceptable will be held for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days to allow sufficient time for the customer to advise us as to their disposition. In the absence of written notice advising us of disposition within the thirty (30) day period, we shall assume that all rejected parts are to be discarded and we shall accept no further responsibility for them.
Caterpillar® warrants new and remanufacted parts and assembled components and Major Component Exchange (MCE) products (other than those parts excepted below) sold by it to be free from defects in material and workmanship. An additional warranty against breakage is applicable to certain Ground Engaging Tools, copy available upon request. The warranty period is 6 months, starting from date of sale to the first user.
If a defect in material or workmanship is found during the warranty period, Caterpillar will, during normal working hours and at a place of business of a Caterpillar dealer or other source approved by Caterpillar, provide (at Caterpillar's choice) new, MCE, remanufactured or Caterpillar-approved repaired parts of assembled components needed to correct the defect. In the case of assembled components, Caterpillar will provide repair labor needed to correct the defect, excluding assembled component removal and installation labor.
This warranty does not apply to Caterpillar brand batteries; new, remanufactured and MCE engines; parts and assembled components sold for use in on-highway applications; or parts and assembled components sold for personal, family, or household use in the United States of America, its territories and possessions. Such items are covered by other Caterpillar warranties, whose warranty certificates are available upon request.
Other items not manufactured or supplied by Caterpillar are covered by separate warranties, copies of which are available upon request.
NEITHER THE FOREGOING EXPRESS WARRENTY NOR ANY OTHER WARRANTY BY CATERPILLAR OR HAWTHORNE (OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES), EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS APPLICABLE TO ANY ITEM CATERPILLAR OR HAWTHORNE SELLS WHICH IS WARRANTED TO THE USER BY ITS MANUFACTURER.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY ARE LIMITED TO THE PROVISIONS OF MATERIAL AND LABOR, AS SPECFIED HEREIN.
ANY CLAIMS FOR LOSS ARISING OUT OF THE FAILURE OF THE PARTS OR COMPONENTS TO PERFORM FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME, OR OTHER ECONOMIC OR MORAL LOSS, OR DIRECT, IMMEDIATE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
THE TERMS CATERPILLAR AND HAWTHORNE USED HEREIN MEAN CATERPILLAR, INC. OR HAWTHORNE MACHINERY CO., RESPECTIVELY OR ANY ONE OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, WHICHEVER LAST SOLD THE PARTS OR COMPONENTS INVOLVED.