Hawthorne now has an M-Series Motor Grader Virtual Training System designed to train and familiarize operators with the revolutionary joystick control system. The M-Series Motor Graders are the first to adopt total joystick controls, with an impressive result. With the bank of levers and steering wheel gone, the cab opens up--delivering a view of the work area and key components that has never been possible before. Equally dramatic is the ease and precision with which an operator can manipulate the blade and control the machine, providing an opportunity to work as effectively at the end of the day as at the beginning, free of stiffness and tension.
This Cat® machine simulator allows new operators to develop their skills in a controlled and safe environment and existing operators to learn new control designs and functions. Operators can also master tasks grouped by application.
The use of this simulator is a free service from Hawthorne and incorporates many benefits. Operators can safely train without risk to machines, themselves, instructors, other job site persons, or property. And it has been shown that operators that have been pre-trained retain more training information (hear, see, simulate, operate) and are generally more productive on a real machine when starting in their operating job. An operator who has had time on a Virtual Training System is more skilled, more confident when he begins to do real work on a real machine.
The simulator is set up in an air-conditioned trailer and can be easily brought to your company event or to your site whether you rent or buy a motor grader.
The benefits of simulator training can ultimately help to eliminate downtime and increase your bottom line.
Benefit for Company
- Increases operator efficiency, completing jobs before deadline.
- Increased operator awareness of equipment maintenance helps reduce downtime.
- Decreases operator accidents
- Reducing downtime, operating and maintenance costs
- Lower OSHA recordable & lost time injury ratings and Experience Modifications Rating
- Better company safety ratings lowers insurance costs
Benefit for Operators
- Increases safety for the operator and others on the job
- Reduces lost wages due to equipment accident & personal injury
- Increases operator performance:
- Which leads to increased operators value
- Which leads to job security and possible advancement
A virtual training session is available by appointment at the Hawthorne location in Waipahu, Oahu. In San Diego, the simulator is set up in an air-conditioned trailer and can be easily brought to your company event or to your site whether you rent or buy a motor grader. Call (800) 437-4228 in San Diego or (808) 677-9111 in Oahu.