Hawthorne Cat | Parts Return Policy
At times it is necessary for you to return unneeded parts. Processing these items back into inventory is expensive and time consuming. The following guidelines for returning parts will assure proper credit and minimize the cost involved. Your cooperation is appreciated.
NOTE | A COPY OF THE PACKING SLIP OR INVOICE MUST ACCOMPANY ALL PARTS RETURNED FOR CREDIT.
New Parts Returned for Credit Must Be:
- In new and saleable condition and in original packing
- Returnable to the supplier
- Not a replaced or discontinued part
Parts that Will Not Be Accepted for Credit Include But are Not Limited To:
- No returns after 6 months from date of purchase
- Items that are non-stock AND non-returnable to Caterpillar i.e. glass, electrical parts, literature
- Items on the shipping list with an * in the N/R column
- Items cut to length i.e. hoses, wire, tubing/fluid carrying tubes with protective ends removed
- Opened gasket kits, seal kits, and bearing kits
- Made as Ordered (MAO) parts
Handling Charges for Acceptable Returns:
- No Charge | STOCK Parts returned within 0-30 calendar days of purchase
- 15% | STOCK Parts returned within 30-60 calendar days of purchase
- 20% | NON-STOCK Parts returned within 0-60 calendar days of purchase
- 25% | STOCK parts and NON-STOCK parts returned within 61-180 calendar days of purchase
Hawthorne Cat reserves the right to reject any and all parts return requests. Returned parts found unacceptable will be held for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days to allow sufficient time for the customer to advise us as to their disposition. In the absence of written notice advising us of disposition within the thirty (30) day period, we shall assume that all rejected parts are to be discarded and we shall accept no further responsibility for them.