What can you do to prevent equipment theft and recover stolen equipment more quickly? Take these 5 steps to help keep equipment safe and retrieve it sooner in case of theft.
- Track your machines using GPS location tracking - you'll be able to locate and recover stolen equipment faster.
- Install electronic keying systems. Give all your machines the same code or code them to individual operators. Electronic keying systems can help prevent equipment theft because they can't be hotwired.
- Add electronic geo-fencing and time-fencing. Unlike physical fences, these systems send alerts when machines are moved or started without authorization.
- Call the police and the equipment manufacturer if a machine is stolen. Reporting the theft enables the dealer to identify the machine on the manufacturer's stolen equipment database when it comes in for repairs.
- Tag your equipment with identification. Make it visible and hard to remove – weld your company info on buckets and other parts. Tagging your machines deters equipment theft and tells police who owns the stolen equipment.
View the infographic.
General Service Manager