Data generated by your Cat® equipment can help you keep your equipment running smoothly and prevent avoidable downtime. Here are six ways to save money using data to better manage your equipment and lower operating costs.
- Preventive Maintenance. Use electronic alerts as reminders to schedule and complete recommended preventive maintenance.
- Regularly take samples of oil, coolant and hydraulic fluids. Hawthorne Cat will analyze the samples for wear indicators – the results enable you to take action based on recommendations from Hawthorne's Condition Monitoring Analyst (CMA).
- Inspections. Take note of smoke, leaks or performance issues. Hawthorne Cat uses the electronic inspection reports you send for use in a conditioning monitoring program.
- Repairs, Not Failure. Find small problems before they get bigger using equipment data and electronic alerts. Quick repairs mean fewer breakdowns and lower repair costs.
- Operator Training. Remote monitoring of your operators’ daily practices can improve performance and reduce component wear. It helps you spot opportunities to train operators and reward them for a job well done.
- Record Keeping. Gather data on a machine’s history, components, and operating costs automatically. These records help you identify costly problem areas, track work flow and expenses, and boost machine resale value.
General Service Manager
Regional Product Support Manager