Earlier this year, Caterpillar expanded the Backhoe Loader product line to include the new F2 Series models (416F2, 420F2, 430F2 and the all new 415F2). The center-pivot of the all-new Cat F2 Series Backhoe Loaders are designed for maximum performance, reliability and durability. The F2 Series Backhoe Loaders are now equipped with engines that meet Tier 4 Final emissions requirements. Both single-tile and Integrated Tool Carrier front linkage and four-wheel drive still come standard on the 420F2 and 430F2 models. Additionally, auxiliary hydraulics, third-function loader valve, and six-function backhoe valve can be installed on all new models.
New Operator Station Features
- Increased legroom with room for a rotating chair.
- Comfortable air-suspension seat offers an enhanced operating experience.
- F2 Series ROPS/FOPS operator station has been redesigned to accommodate flat glass. The flat glass and new rear window design greatly improve visibility to trench sight lines.
- Significantly reduced sound levels from 80 dB to 74 dB.
- More comfortable inside cab temperature and increased visibility with the newly added roof cap.
- The exhaust stack has been repositioned to align with the cab structure.
- Upgraded gauge cluster with a large LCD screen.
- New larger pantograph windshield wipers offer 40 percent more coverage.
- Optional keypad security system is a self-contained immobilizer that can disable the engine, transmission and hydraulic system.
- Hands-free communication system.
- Differential-lock control.
- Dual directional-shift controls for IT models.
- Larger fenders to keep the cab glass cleaner in muddy applications.
Additional Features of the New Cat 420F2 and 430F2 Backhoe Loaders
- Optional Auto-Shift transmission now available and features a lock-up torque converter for direct-drive efficiency in 5th and 6th gears.
- Economy Mode is now standard on all models to adjust engine speed and hydraulic-pump displacement to maximize performance and fuel efficiency.
- Variable Speed Steering offers quick steering response in tight-cycle truck loading.
- Adjustable auxiliary-hydraulic flow for increased control of hydraulic work tools.
For a limited time, Hawthorne Cat will make your 20% down payment when you purchase a new Cat F2 Series Backhoe Loader with the Accelerated Equity Program. Learn More
Read the full press release.