The new Cat® 297D and 297D XHP Multi Terrain Loaders are designed with features that enhance operator efficiency and control, lower operating costs, improve safety and increase performance. Highlights of these new loaders include:
- Dual suspension undercarriage
- All-new modular cab
- Redesigned vertical lift loader linkage with Cat Intelligent Leveling
- Bigger engines and better performance than the C Series models
The D Series models are designed to increase operator efficiency and operator awareness while optimizing power and performance. These Cat machines excel where the situation demands high power, high traction and limited ground disturbance: residential construction applications, landscaping and snow removal operations.
Here's a brief look at how the new Multi Terrain Loaders compare to the C Series models in terms of meeting the demand for powerful work tools:
- Rated operating capacities (50 percent of tipping load) are 4,550 and 5,000 pounds (2,063 and 2,268 kg), respectively.
- New Cat C3.8 DIT engine has respective net ratings of 95 and 106 horsepower (71 and 79 kW) and meets US EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB emission standards.
- The 297D offers 4 percent increases in horsepower, 13 percent torque rise, and 19 percent lift force.
- The 297D XHP increases horsepower by 17 percent, 27 percent peak torque peak torque, 19 percent lift force; and rated operating capacity of 10 percent.
- An auxiliary hydraulic system on the new Cat 297D HXP Multi Terrain Loader provides a relief pressure of 4,061 psi (28,000kPa) and outputs to 40 gpm (150 Lpm) to lead the industry with 95 hydraulic horsepower (71 kW)—22 percent more than the 297C.
The totally new one-piece, sealed and pressurized D Series cab is designed for operator comfort and efficiency. The spacious and quiet cab, separate from the chassis, is available with a heated, high-back, heated, air-ride seat with adjustable joystick controls (seat mounted).
The Advanced Display is standard for the 297D XHP and an option for the 297D. Its integrated security system can handle up to 50 operators, enables on-screen adjustment of selected responses and controls, expands diagnostic capability, and lets master code holders review machine performance by operator. To increase operators' awareness of the job site, a rearview camera system that uses the screen is available.
The Cat Intelligent Leveling (ILEV) system optimizes machine control and enables three production-enhancing features.
The introduction of a dial-type throttle in the D Series cab paired with a foot throttle provides additional operator control and safety by making it easier to quickly reduce engine/travel speed.
Design features of the Cat 297D and 297D XHP Multi Terrain Loaders
- A lightweight, pliable and durable rubber track, reinforced with high tensile strength cords, is used on the undercarriage.
- Multiple wheels distribute weight over the track; an elevated roller sprocket promotes positive track drive.
- The shock-absorbing capability of dual-level suspension system, with heavy-duty torsion axles, ensures a comfortable ride for the operator, optimum bucket-load retention, steady traction and lower operating costs.
- A new cooling system design draws cool air from the engine compartment and mixes it with the exhaust stream to reduce temperatures at the stack outlet; the stack guides exhaust into the fan blast for rapid heat dissipation.
- Lift arms for the D Series Multi Terrain Loaders have been redesigned using a one-piece tubular design, providing increased safety.
- The available automatic work tool coupler is now electrically actuated, simpler in design, and easier to install as an accessory in the field.
Read the full press release.