The new, powerful Cat® 990 Wheel Loader features an increased payload designed to make you more productive on your jobsite. Additional new features such as design enhancements, fuel efficiency and an upgraded operator cab make this Cat machine ideal for any jobsite.
Cat 990K Wheel Loader Features
- 17.5-ton payload, up from 16.5-ton payload of the H Series mode.
- New Performance Series Buckets are available in a variety of sizes to help carry more loads in less time.
- Cat C27 ACERT engine increases power by 11 percent without any additional fuel consumption.
- Lower engine speed, optional ECO mode (on-demand throttle), engine-idle shutdown system, engine-idle kickdown/auto-resume system promote additional fuel savings.
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and Tier 2 models are available.
- The lock-up clutch in the impeller clutch torque converter provides direct drive to improve fuel economy, reducing heat and cycle times in load-and-carry applications.
- Electronically-controlled pump manages oil flow based on operator inputs.
- Redesigned cab reduces noise levels to a new standard of 69.9 dBA.
- Cat Comfort III seat features seat-mounted controls.
- Convenient travel control with the STIC steering lever that is integral with transmission controls.
- Rearview camera with optional object detection and in-cab display provides a clear view of the back side of the machine.
- Stairway light switch, engine shutdown switch, transmission lockouts and engine starter are housed in one convenient remote panel.
- Optional ground-level service center displays fuel level status, houses drain-and-fill ports, and offers a data port for diagnostics.
- Optional axle cooling package.
- Increased stability, larger lifts and tilt cylinders offer the additional capacity needed for tough applications.
- Product Link® and http://www.hawthornecat.com/EMSolutions/ProductLink_VisionLinkVisionLink® are available.
Read press release.