The new Cat® E2 Series Mini Hydraulic Excavators – 303.5E2, 304E2, 305E2, 305.5E2 and 308E2 –will all use the new High Definition Hydraulic (HDH) system. The compact radius machines are designed to deliver the solid performance of the earlier E Series, with even more added value for the customer. For example:
- The HDH System provides load sensing and flow sharing capability for increased operational precision, efficient performance and enhanced control.
- The simple valve architecture reduces heat, which leads to decreased hydraulic instability and improves overall efficiency.
- A redesigned operator station in the 305.5E2, 305E2, 304E2 and 303.5E2 features a wider opening, a high-quality suspension seat, and easily adjustable armrests.
- The improved ergonomic layout promotes operator comfort and helps maximize productivity.
- Updated operator interface controls, a new interlocking front window system, and 100% pilot controls add up to a standard-setting operator station.
Thanks to new Smart Technology integrated into the 303.5E2, along with a 23.5 hp (17.6kW) engine, this machine surpasses the performance of the 303.5E. Testing of the 303.5E2 showed an 8% fuel consumption improvement and 7% greater efficiency over the E series.
All the E2 series models:
- Come equipped with a digital control panel specially designed for Cat Mini Excavators: COMPASS, Complete Operation, Maintenance, Performance, and Security System.
- Include the features and benefits our customers expect from a high-quality mini hydraulic excavator (MHE). Automatic two-speed, 100% pilot controls, superior bucket rotation, blade float and safety are built in.
- Provide standard safety features: Cat MHE from 3.5 metric ton to 8 metric ton are ROPS, TOPS and Top Guard Level 1 certified; Cat Interlock (hydraulic lockout) System; a certified accumulator for releasing auxiliary pressure to help connect/disconnect work tools more safely and easily; and a travel alarm (optional in Europe).
The new E2 Series MHEs will be produced at Caterpillar’s new 850,000 square foot facility in Athens, Georgia. For more information about the E2 series mini hydraulic excavators, contact your Hawthorne Cat Sales Representative.
Read the full press release.