New | D8T WH Waste Handler
The Cat® D8T Waste Handler has earned a reputation for best-in-class versatility, productivity and resale value. Landfill customers choose the D8T WH because it excels at multiple tasks from pushing trash and spreading cover to cell construction and closing. Cat Waste Handlers are designed and built from the frame up to handle the demands of landfill work - and they do it with industry leading comfort and reliability. The D8T WH meets U.S. Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB emission standards.
|Engine Model||Cat® C15 ACERT™|
|Flywheel Power||310.0 hp|
|Emissions||U.S. Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB|
|Global Emissions||U.S. Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB|
|Gross Power - ISO 14396||318.0 hp|
|Gross Power - ISO 14396 (DIN)||322.0 hp|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995||348.0 hp|
|Net Power - EU 80/1269||310.0 hp|
|Net Power - ISO 9249||310.0 hp|
|Net Power - ISO 9249 (DIN)||314.0 hp|
|Net Power - SAE J1349||310.0 hp|
|Operating Weight||85650.0 lb|
|Operating Weight - LGP WHA||91270.0 lb|
|Operating Weight - SU Blade WHA||85650.0 lb|
|Shipping Weight - LGP WHA||77840.0 lb|
|Shipping Weight - WHA||72220.0 lb|
|Capacity (SAE J1265)||27.6 yd3|
|Digging Depth||22.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||48.3 in|
|Maximum Tilt||28.7 in|
|Total Operating Weight**||85650.0 lb|
|Weight* (without hydraulic controls)||12400.0 lb|
|Width (over end bits)||14.0 ft|
|Track Gauge||82.0 in|
|Track Gauge - LGP||92.0 in|
|Length of Track on Ground||10.5 ft|
|Ground Contact Area||5554.0 in2|
|Ground Clearance||24.3 in|
|Ground Contact Area - LGP||9576.0 in2|
|Grouser Height||3.0 in|
|Number of Carrier Rollers||1 per side (optional)|
|Shoe Type||Moderate Service|
|Width of Shoe||24.0 in|
|Width of Shoe - LGP||38.0 in|
|ROPS/FOPS||ISO 3471-2008, ISO 3449-2005|
|Additional Shank||732.0 lb|
|Maximum Clearance Raised (under tip, pinned in bottom hole)||25.0 in|
|Maximum Penetration (standard tip)||30.7 in|
|Maximum Penetration Force (shank vertical)||28620.0 lb|
|Number of Pockets||3|
|Overall Beam Width||97.0 in|
|Pryout Force||50070.0 lb|
|Pryout Force (Multi-Shank Ripper with one tooth)||51230.0 lb|
|Total Operating Weight* (with SU-Blade and Ripper)||84377.0 lb|
|Type||Single-Shank, Adjustable Parallelogram|
|Weight (one shank, without hydraulic controls)||10752.0 lb|
|Weight (without hydraulic controls)||9005.0 lb|
|1 Forward||2.1 mph|
|1 Forward - Drawbar Pull (1000)||139.0 lbf|
|1 Reverse||2.8 mph|
|2 Forward||3.8 mph|
|2 Forward - Drawbar Pull (1000)||76.0 lbf|
|2 Reverse||5.0 mph|
|3 Forward||6.6 mph|
|3 Forward - Drawbar Pull (1000)||42.0 lbf|
|3 Reverse||8.8 mph|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Cooling System||20.3 gal|
|Engine Crankcase*||10.0 gal|
|Final Drives (each)||3.3 gal|
|Hydraulic Tank||19.8 gal|
|Pivot Shaft Compartment||10.6 gal|
|Roller Frames (each)||17.2 gal|
|Fuel Tank||170.0 gal|
|Cable Ferrule Sizes - Length||2.76 in|
|Cable Ferrule Sizes - Outside Diameter||2.36 in|
|Drum Capacity - Optional Cable||193.0 ft|
|Drum Capacity - Recommended Cable Size||276.0 ft|
|Drum Width||12.6 in|
|Flange Diameter||18.0 in|
|Increased Tractor Length||22.2 in|
|Oil Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Optional Cable Size||1.25 in|
|Recommended Cable Size||1.13 in|
|Winch Case Width||45.6 in|
|Winch Length||56.3 in|
|Bulldozer Relief Valve Setting||3480.0 psi|
|Pump Output (Implement)||60.0 gal/min|
|Pump Output (Steering)||73.0 gal/min|
|Pump Type||Piston-type, Variable Displacement|
|Ripper (Lift) Relief Valve Setting||3480.0 psi|
|Ripper (Pitch) Relief Valve Setting||3480.0 psi|
|Tilt Cylinder Head End Flow||45.0 gal/min|
|Tilt Cylinder Relief Valve Setting||3480.0 psi|
|Tilt Cylinder Rod End Flow||34.0 gal/min|
Ergonomically designed for ease of operation
The D8T cab is designed and equipped for operator productivity, safety and comfort. An isolation-mounted cab reduces noise and vibration. Large windows, tapered hood and notched fuel tank offer excellent all-around visibility. Updated dash and instrumentation streamline the display in a format that is common across the Cat tractor line. An air-ride suspension seat is standard, with a heated/ventilated seat as an option. Heating and air conditioning controls are conveniently located and well placed air vents add to operator comfort. Carbon filters are available for the cab air filters to help reduce odor.
Steering and Dozer Controls
Responsive electro-hydraulic differential steering controls direction and degree of turns, forward-reverse shifting, and gear selection in a single control handle. Ergonomically designed dozer and rear implement controls offer ease of operation, precise control and enhanced operator comfort.
Operators can pre-select a forward and reverse speed setting for easy, efficient directional changes. Auto-shift settings include first forward to second reverse and second forward to second reverse. Auto-kickdown allows the transmission to automatically downshift when significant load increases are detected.
In-Cab Safety Features
The Operator Not Present monitoring system senses when an operator has left the seat. When the transmission is in neutral, and at zero ground speed, the Operator Not Present monitoring system sets the park brake and disables the implements to prevent unintentional machine/implement movement during ingress or egress. When activated, the Implement/Work Tool Lock-Out Switch prevents inadvertent operation of hydraulic work tool attachments. An in-cab monitoring system provides electronic Fluid Level Verification at startup for the coolant, powertrain and engine oil systems. This reduces the need to climb on the machine to check fluid levels prior to operation.
Reliable, integrated solutions
The D8T features a Cat C15 ACERT™ engine and a Cat Clean Emissions Module to deliver the performance and efficiency that customers demand, while meeting U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB emission standards.
Cat NOx Reduction System
The Cat NOx Reduction System captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
A Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) uses a chemical process to eliminate regulated emissions present in the exhaust system. The Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) traps particulate matter that is carried into the exhaust stream. System components are contained in the Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) to protect components, minimize the aftertreatment footprint and simplify maintenance. In Waste Handlers, the Clean Emissions Module is insulated for protection in high debris applications.
Cat Regeneration System
The Cat Regeneration System is designed to work transparently, without any interaction needed from the operator. Under many operating conditions, engine exhaust is hot enough to oxidize soot through passive regeneration. If supplemental regeneration is needed, the Cat Regeneration System elevates exhaust gas temperatures to remove soot in the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). This process happens automatically, but the operator can initiate the cycle when convenient or interrupt regeneration as needed. A soot level monitor and regeneration indicator lights are integrated into the dash display.
Delayed Engine Shutdown
Delayed Engine Shutdown feature is available to allow the machine to cool immediately after a heavy work load or regeneration cycle.
Engine Idle Shutdown Timer
An optional Engine Idle Shutdown Timer will sound a warning and shut down the engine after the machine has been idling for a pre-set period of time.
The power shift transmission and differential steering work with the C15 ACERT engine to deliver the outstanding power, productive performance and reliability expected from Cat Track-Type Tractors. Differential steering maintains full power to both tracks to provide best-in-class turning with a loaded blade. When one track speeds up, the other slows down an equal amount. Maneuverability - especially with large blade loads - is improved, as well as cycle times in some applications. Greater load capacity, power and speed control are possible in soft underfoot conditions on steep slopes.
Enhanced Auto Shift
The new Enhanced Auto Shift feature uses the simple “shift up, idle back” principle during forward and reverse travel to save fuel and improve overall dozing cycle fuel efficiency. The feature also simplifies machine operation for added operator comfort.
Durable and efficient
The D8T Waste Handler offers outstanding cooling performance and serviceability. The engine radiator, Air To Air After Cooler (ATAAC), and hydraulic oil cooler are packaged in a single plane. Aluminum bar plate construction provides durability and allows for higher heat transfer and superior corrosion resistance. The standard cores feature six fins per inch to allow debris to pass through and reduce plugging concerns. In cooler conditions, a hydraulically driven demand fan reduces speed to conserve power, save fuel and decrease sound levels. An automatic reversing fan changes the fan rotation while the machine is backing up or stationary. This feature includes access slots in the side of the radiator guard for cleaning access. ROPS-mounted air conditioning removes the condenser unit from under the hood. This helps reduce heat load, improves cleaning access and increases ambient capability.
Features to help maximize performance
Cat Waste Handlers are purpose-built to handle the rigors of landfill work. Factory installed guarding and debris-resistant features help protect vital machine components to maximize service life and uptime.
- Hinged cleanout slot covers offer quick access to the front side of the radiator cores for cleaning.
- Engine enclosures (1) have perforated hood and side panels to help prevent airborne debris from entering the engine compartment and helps reduce radiator plugging. (Sound suppression arrangement features solid doors. Perforated hood is replaced with larger rectangular perforations.)
- Heavy-duty handles (1) are manufactured from solid steel to withstand the rigors of landfill work.
- Insulated Cat Clean Emissions Module.
- Bottom guards (2) chassis guards and tilt cylinder guards (3) help protect against contact damage and help keep debris out of vital machine compartments.
- Lights (4) are mounted up and away from the concentrated debris environment for excellent illumination of the work area and protection from debris.
- Guarding helps protect implement hydraulic oil tank, battery box and fuel tank (5) in high debris applications.
- Optional rear striker bars (5) incorporate a rigid drawbar and housing with large access doors for storage on machines not equipped with rippers. The rear striker bars are counterweight-ready.
- Final drive guarding helps prevent wire wrap. Idler, pivot shaft (6) and final drive seal guards help keep debris from wrapping around and damaging the Duo-Cone™ seals.
- Additional sealing (7) helps eliminate debris entry from key areas.
- High-capacity ducted alternator provides additional power required for electrical accessories. Ducting helps prevent debris from entering the alternator for longer life.
- Air conditioner condenser (8) and fans are mounted on the back of the ROPS to protect from waste materials and reduce heat/potential debris load under the hood for better cooling. Machine height is maintained.
- Turbine air precleaner with screen - delivers clean air and provides longer filter life.
Recommended for improved performance in landfill applications
A number of optional features are recommended to help customers get optimal performance from Cat Waste Handlers.
- Cat landfill blades increase the dozing capacity in trash and help prevent material from spilling over the blade and entering the radiator. Wear plates help prolong service life when working in highly abrasive materials.
- Front striker bars angled design helps prevent debris from riding up the track for greater machine protection.
- Center-hole track shoes help extend service life by reducing refuse packing within the track. The center hole design allows the sprocket to punch out most dirt and debris.
- Multi-shank rippers are available to penetrate tough material fast.
- Cab roof-mounted strobe light indicates the machine is operational.
- Auxiliary disconnect switch, located on the left side of the operator seat at knee level, allows the operator to access the disconnect switch quickly.
- Enhanced clean air module increases cab air pressure to help keep dust out and provide additional air filtration, greatly increasing cab air filter life.
- Rear vision camera - display mounted in the front of the cab helps the operator more easily see behind the machine, enhancing overall visibility and safety.
- High intensity discharge lighting with additional lamps for optimum visibility under low light conditions.
Solutions to make work easier and more efficient
Computer Aided Earthmoving System (CAES)
The Computer Aided Earthmoving System (CAES) is a high-technology landfill tool that allows machine operators to hold tighter grades/slopes. This helps conserve valuable airspace and cover soil without stakes and crews. The system uses Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technology, machine mounted components, a radio network and office management software to deliver real-time information on an in-cab display. Additionally, CAES permits the identification of site specific storage areas such as hazardous waste, medical, industrial, organic, and other materials which require special handling or a record of their placement.
AccuGrade™ is a dealer installed machine control and guidance system that uses Laser, Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and/or Universal Tracking Station (UTS) technology, machine mounted components and off-board hardware. This system provides accurate blade positioning information and automatics for greater efficiency. The D8T Waste Handler is Grade Control Ready, with deeply integrated harnesses incorporated into the machine during assembly. It can also be ordered AccuGrade Ready, with optional brackets and hardware installed, making the tractor ready to plug in the dealer installed AccuGrade system.
Cat Product Link
Remote monitoring with Product Link improves overall fleet-management effectiveness. Product Link is deeply integrated into machine systems. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink™. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to users and dealers, including mapping, working and idle time, fuel level and more.
Engineered for performance
The D8T WH features the Cat elevated sprocket design that isolates final drives, axles, and steering components from harsh impacts. The undercarriage is designed for easy clean-out, and a modular design aids serviceability to help reduce maintenance costs. Heavy Duty Undercarriage is recommended for waste handling applications. Components are designed for extended wear life in abrasive conditions and high impact applications. Several track shoe options are available, but a center-hole track shoe is recommended when working in trash to help shed waste that might otherwise help accelerate internal track wear.
Thinking generations ahead
The Cat D8T WH is designed to benefit your business, and reduce emissions.
- Meets U.S. Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB emission standards.
- Fuel efficient engine, and features like Enhanced Auto Shift and a hydraulic demand fan, helps decrease overall fuel consumption.
- Technologies like AccuGrade and Product Link help improve overall efficiency, saving fuel and fluids, as well as wear and tear on equipment.
- Grab handles, steps, lighting packages and a ground level service center help enhance job site safety.
- Major components are built to be rebuilt, eliminating waste and saving customers money by giving the machine and/or major components a second - and even third - life.
When uptime counts
Ease of Serviceability
The D8T WH offers full left-side engine serviceability, including fill tube, dipstick, air cleaner, fuel filters, oil filter and coolant level check. Cooling system access is also improved for inspection and cleaning. To reduce maintenance cost and time, the D8T WH features a new high capacity filter element and improved powertrain filter bypass strategy to extend service intervals. The in-cab monitoring system also provides electronic fluid level verification at startup.
Ground Level Service Center
The new ground level service center is accessible on the left hand fender without setting foot on the machine, giving easy access to the battery disconnect and secondary engine shutdown switches. Optional access light switch, digital hour meter and jacket water heater plug are also available.
Newly designed steps and handles make climbing on and off the tractor easier than ever. An access light switch is included with optional light packages that turns on the cab-mounted exterior light for night time visibility when mounting/dismounting the machine.
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide the best in sales and service. Manage costs with preventive maintenance programs like Custom Track Service, Scheduled Oil Sampling (S·O·SSM) analysis, and guaranteed maintenance contracts. Stay productive with best-in-class parts availability. Cat dealers can even help you with operator training to help boost your profits. And when it’s time for machine replacement, your Cat dealer can help you save even more with Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts. Receive the same warranty and reliability as new products at cost savings of 40 to 70 percent for powertrain and hydraulic components.
Other Models in this Category
- D6N WH - 2016, Tier 4 Final, Stage IV - 1000024340
- D6T WH - 2016, Tier 4 Final, Stage IV, AUZ, EU, NACD - 1000022766
- D7E WH - 2015,Tier4Final,StageIV,AUZ,EU,Korea,NACD,Turkey - 1000012860
- D8T WH - 2016, Tier 4 Final, Stage IV, AUZ, EU, Korea, NACD - 1000023286
- D9TWH-2014, Tier2StageII, Tier3StageIIIA, Tier4FinalStageIV - 1000000403
Select Product Category
- Articulated Trucks
- Asphalt Pavers
- Backhoe Loaders
- Cold Planers
- Compact Track and Multi Terrain Loaders
- Material Handlers
- Motor Graders
- Off-Highway Trucks
- On-Highway Trucks
- Road Reclaimers
- Site Prep Tractors
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Track Loaders
- Wheel Dozers
- Wheel Excavators
- Wheel Loaders
- Wheel Tractor-Scrapers