938M Waste Handler
938M Waste Handler Small Wheel Loader
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® 938M Waste Handler sets a new standard for productivity, fuel efficiency and comfort. A high torque, low speed C7.1 engine works in concert with an intelligent hystat power train to deliver fuel efficiency as standard. A complete range of guarding and debris management solutions are available to meet the needs of the most demanding environments. Extremely low sound levels, large spacious cab and intuitive controls keep you working comfortably all day and even all night! Experience this industry benchmark.
Waste Handler Overview | Cat® 926M, 930M, 938M Small Wheel Loader
M Series Small Wheel Loaders | At Work
M Series Small Wheel Loaders | Overview
Built in Quality: Cat® Small Wheel Loaders Manufactured in Clayton, NC
Safety and Service Overview | Cat® 926M, 930M, 938M Small Wheel Loader
Kick-Outs, Snubbing, Wrap-Out and Soft Detents | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Secondary Display Navigation | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Preventative Maintenance | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Coded Start Feature/Individual Operator Profiles | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Rim Pull | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Creeper Control | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Efficient Hystat Operation | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Throttle Lock | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Fine Mode Control and Perfect Parallelism | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Quick Steer | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Power Train Modes | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Cab Controls and Features | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Hydro-mechanical Applications | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Third and Fourth Auxiliary Flow | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Reversing Fan | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Customize Your Experience | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Fill Alarm | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Cat® Production Measurement (CPM) | M and K Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Cat® Production Measurement (CPM) Updates | M and K Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Differential Lock | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Tire Pressure Monitoring System | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Tire Pressure Monitoring System Updates | M Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Engine Idle Shutdown | M and K Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Continuously Adjustable Creep Mode | M and K Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Operator ID and Machine Security | M and K Series Small Wheel Loader Operator Tips
Application Specific Configuration
GUARD YOUR INVESTMENT
Choose from a complete range of optional guarding to protect your machine from the harsh environment of a waste handling application. The machine guarding is purpose built to protect the machine's major components and systems to keep you on the job and maximize production rates.
Maximize your engine life and extend filter cleaning intervals with a turbine pre-cleaner. Keep cool with a reversing fan to purge the single plane, widely spaced core cooling package and brush-less sealed alternator. Breath clean with a powered RESPA system for the operator environment designed to eliminate 90% of the particulate in the air and filter the remaining 10%.
MAXIMIZE TIRE LIFE
Fine tune your wheel torque to match the underfoot conditions and maximize performance while extending tire life. Cat Waste Handlers feature wheel torque adjustments through an exclusive Rimpull Control feature designed to keep your operating costs low.
The Cat® C7.1 engine provides cleaner, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability through a high torque, low speed design. Caterpillar's exclusive Intelligent Power Management system monitors operator input and power availability to keep the machine working at peak efficiency and provide the operator with greater customization to suit their application.
A choice of Power Modes allows you to choose between maximum fuel efficiency or boosted power along with hydraulic speed.
STANDARD POWER MODE
- Saves fuel and reduces cab sound levels
- Biggest gains are seen during load and carry, snow removal and roading applications
PERFORMANCE POWER MODE
- Enabled at the push of a button (HP+), boosts engine power by up to 10% and engine speed by over 12%
- Increases hydraulic cycle times and productivity
Lock up and go with fully locking front differential axle that can be engaged on the move at full torque. Maximize your traction with optional Limited Slip Differential on the rear axle to keep you climbing.
Enjoy All Day Comfort
A spacious, quiet and comfortable operator environment helps keep you relaxed and productive throughout the day. Experience superior all around visibility with single piece front windshield, redesigned linkage and clean hydraulic lines routing. Seat-mounted controls featuring low effort joystick for lift and tilt functions along with integrated Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch, differential lock trigger and optional third and fourth auxiliary functions.
- Automatic climate control with heated rear glass and external mirrors
- Information at a glance with large primary LCD display
- Heated and cooled seat option
- Optional Ride Control
- Exclusive electro-hydraulic cylinder snubbing
- An extra eye on the job site with optional integrated rear object detection and optional* rearview camera
*Standard in Europe.
Customize Your Experience
The M Series Waste Handler will remember you and your personal settings with unique operator codes to make this machine truly yours and keep it secure.
Work as one with your machine by customizing your controls.
- Select your Power Train Mode
- Reduce tire wear using Rimpull
- Fine tune ground speed with Creeper Control
- Adjustable Electo-Hydraulic Controls
- Set Directional Shift Response based on job application
Get up and running quickly with ground level, daily service access and optional engine compartment lighting. Three large service doors can be opened and closed in any order to give full access to filters and service points. Extended service intervals on hydraulic and power train filters reduce service time and maximize uptime. Additional service features include:
- Product Link™ PRO standard with optional subscription to VisionLink®.
- Maintenance reminders through secondary display at scheduled intervals.
- Fit for Life Diesel Particulate Filter that is designed to exceed the engine overhaul life.
- Quick fuel filter service with Caterpillar's exclusive electric fuel priming pump.
- Jump start studs as standard equipment.
- Extended cleanouts with single plane cooling system and wide spaced 6 fans per inch coolers as standard.
- Integrated Autolube (optional) with adjustable greasing frequency.
With renowned Cat dealer support, rely on your Cat dealer to help you every step of the way with new or used machine sales, rental or rebuild options to meet your business needs.
Maximize your machine uptime with unsurpassed worldwide parts availability, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
Let us earn your business. Experience an M Series Small Wheel Loader and join the Caterpillar family.
- The Cat® C7.1 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V and Korea Tier 5 emission standards.
- Engine Idle Management System (EIMS) helps maximize fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions while maintaining machine performance.
- Engine Idle Shutdown Timer reduces fuel burn, greenhouse gas emissions and unnecessary idle time by shutting down the machine after a pre-set idling period.
- Performance Series Buckets have rounded side boards, a longer floor and open angle to carry more and load quicker so each pass is the most efficient.
- Rimpull Control is a quick way to adjust the torque to the tires for less slipping and tire wear.
- Cat® Production Measurement provides real-time payload weighing which help you maximize productivity, reduce fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions, all while improving job site efficiency and lowering costs.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- Power on Demand, transparent to the operator, provides full-time efficiency and power when you need it.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring provides real-time tire pressure information to the operator to help increase tire wear and achieve better fuel efficiency and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- Intelligent Hystat Transmission helps improves control and reduces fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in load and carry applications.
- Variable Displacement Pumps match power to load as application requirements change.
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- POWER TRAIN
- Axle Duo-Cone™ seal guards
- Auto idle shut down feature
- Cat C7.1 engine
– Power modes (Standard and Performance)
– Power by range (High Power in Range 4)
– Turbocharged and aftercooled
– Diesel particulate filter (Fit for Life)
- Coded start (requires secondary display)
- Differential lock in front axle
- Enclosed wet disc full hydraulic brakes
- Hydraulically driven demand cooling fan
- Hydrostatic transmission with electronic control
– Operator modes (Default, TC, Hystat, and Ice)
– Directional Shift Aggressiveness (fast, medium, slow)
– Rimpull control, adjust wheel torque
– Creeper control, adjust ground speed
- Parking brake, electric
- Single plane cooling package wide six fins per inch density
- Oil sampling ports
- Throttle lock and max speed limiter
- Automatic lift lower and tilt kickouts, adjustable in-cab
- Bucket and fork modes, adjustable in-cab
- Cylinder damping at kickout and mechanical end stops
- Fine mode control (fast, medium, slow)
- Hydraulic response setting (fast, medium, slow)
- Load sensing hydraulics and steering
- Seat-mounted hydraulic joystick controls
- Alternator, 115 amp, heavy duty
- Batteries, 1,000 CCA (2) 24V system, disconnect switch
- Back-up alarm
- Emergency shutdown switch
- Halogen work and roading lights, LED rear tail lights
- Product Link PRO with three year subscription
- Remote jump start post
- Resettable main and critical function breakers
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- 75 mm (3 in) High-Vis retractable seat belt, with audible alarm and indicator
- Automatic temperature control
- Cab, pressurized
- Camera, rearview
- External heated mirrors with lower parabolic
- Ground level cab door release
- Hydraulic control lockout
- Mirror, single
- Lunch box storage
- Radio ready speakers
- Rear window defrost, electric
- Column mounted multi function control – lights, wipers, turn signal
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Tinted front glass
- Wet arm wiper/washer, 2-speed and intermittent, front, lights, wipers, turn signal
- Suspension seat, fabric
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Large-access enclosure doors with adjustable close/open force
- Cat optimized Z-bar linkage with parallel lift
- Recovery hitch, with pin
- Remote mounted lubrication points
- Lockable compartments and enclosures
- OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Autolube, integrated in secondary display
- Auxiliary flow, third and fourth function
- Differential, limited slip, rear
- Beacon light, strobe
- Cab, deluxe (standard in Europe)
– Camera, rearview integrated into advanced display
– Electrically adjustable external heated mirrors (2)
– Secondary display to enable features and adjust parameters
– LED interior lighting
– Sunscreen, front and rear
– Touchscreen secondary display
– Ride control adjustable speed activation
– Preventative maintenance reminders
– Integrated help function (26 languages)
- Camera, roof mounted, front view with separate display
- Cold start package
– Ether starting aid, block heater and additional batteries, 1,000 CCA (4 total)
- Counterweight, additional options
- Coupler, (Fusion and ISO 23727)
- Debris packages (low, medium, high)
- Fenders (extended cover and full coverage)
- Guarding packages
- Linkage, high lift
- Lights, auxiliary, halogen or LED with engine and DEF compartment lights
- Payload Technology
– Cat Production Measurement (CPM)
– CPM Printer
- Product Link ELITE with capabilities for software push, data logging, histogram and trend mapping
- Radio packages
- Rear Object Detection
- Ride Control System, adjustable through secondary display
– Deluxe seat – fully adjustable fabric air suspension seat with mid seat backrest
– Premium seat – fully adjustable leather and fabric air suspension with high backrest and air lumbar support. Seat is heated and ventilated on bottom cushion and backrest.
– Dual mode and secondary
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM)
– The Blue Angel environmental label is an optional attachment for Europe only.