Cat Detect — Object Detection
Cat Detect — Object Detection
DESCRIPTIONMobile equipment operators need to be keenly aware of their environment, especially when putting their equipment into motion. Object Detection combines radar and camera systems to warn operators about light vehicles or stationary hazards within the immediate vicinity of their machines. Available for any machine, the system improves operator awareness and enhances safety all around your site.Mobile equipment operators need to be keenly aware of their environment, especially when putting their equipment into motion. Object Detection combines radar and camera systems to warn operators about light vehicles or stationary hazards within the immediate vicinity of their machines. Available for any machine, the system improves operator awareness and enhances safety all around your site.
- Gives operators a complete picture of other machines, hazardous conditions and personnel around the machine.
- Works with equipment from any manufacturer, so you can use one system across your entire fleet.
- Can be configured to reduce alarming and distraction in common situations and at specified speeds and distances.
- Improves awareness around operators’ machines at startup and departure.
- Protects people and assets during the most accident-prone phases of operation.
- Alerts operators to diminishing closing distances as objects move closer.
- Detects a wide range of hazards without the need for tagging.
- Controls costs by reducing accidents, machine damage and lost-time injuries.
- Builds operator confidence for safer, more efficient operation all shift long.
- Boosts productivity with improved operator confidence and machine availability.
About Object Detection
The system automatically detects and alerts operators to potential hazards in front, behind and within the turning radius on each side of the machine. It also highlights specific views to show operators where potential hazards are located.
Object Detection is designed to increase safety and visibility during machine startup, initial movement and always in reverse. When radars are active, the system alarms only when the machine is in gear and in the direction of a detected object. The radars are always active in reverse. Once the machine reaches a speed threshold or distance traveled (customer-configured option), the radars enter a standby state. The system is configurable for continuous and discrete alarming methods.
- Visual and audio alerts
- Audible Warnings – Audible alarms warn operators when objects are detected
- Visual Alerts – Camera display automatically shows detected objects when the machine is in gear and moving toward the hazard
- Multiple proximity warning levels
- Camera views
- Available at all times
- Image occupies 90% of screen
- Identify detected objects from the cab
- View switches to detected object
- Detection of both moving and stationary objects
- Tagging not required
- Operator convenience features
- Mute silences audible alarm for predetermined time (for wheel loaders only)
- Radar wash feature enables operators to clean radars and cameras with the push of a button