304 Mini Excavator
The 304 Mini Excavator delivers power and performance in a 4 ton size class to help you work in a wide range of applications.
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® 304 Mini Excavator delivers power and performance in a compact size to help you work in a wide range of applications.
See the new Cat 304 and 305 CR Mini Excavators in action.
Learn about the features and benefits of the new Cat 304 and 305 CR Mini Excavators.
Easy to read monitor lets you adjust machine settings to your operating preference.
Learn about the the differences between the Next Generation Cat 304 and 305 CR Mini Excavators vs the E2 Series.
Learn about the Advanced Monitor available for the Next Generation Cat Mini Excavators.
Hear what our customers think about the Cat 304 Mini Excavator.
ALL DAY COMFORT
- Choose either a canopy (not available in some regions) or a sealed and pressurized cab which can be equipped with air conditioning, adjustable wrist rests, and a suspension seat to help keep you working comfortably all day long.
EASY TO OPERATE
- Controls are easy to use and the intuitive Next Generation LCD monitor provides easy to read machine information. An advanced touchscreen monitor can also be equipped as an upgrade option.
STICK STEER TRAVEL MODE
- Moving around the job site is even easier with the Cat Stick Steer option. Easily switch from traditional travel controls with levers and pedals to joystick controls to move the machine and to operate the blade. The benefit of less effort and improved control is in your hands!
BIG PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL MACHINE
- Strong lift and dig performance helps you get the job done faster. The reduced radius tail swing design provides exceptional stability and performance. With a maximum width of 1700 mm (67 in), the 304 can access those hard to get into areas. Dozer float allows for easy clean up. An angle blade is also an option for finished grading and easier backfilling applications.
SAFETY ON THE JOB SITE
- Your safety is our top priority. The Cat mini excavator is designed to help keep you safe on the job. Courtesy work lights and a fluorescent retractable seat belt are just a couple of the safety features we’ve built into the machine.
SIMPLE SERVICE FOR LESS DOWNTIME
- Maintenance is quick and easy on the Cat mini excavator. Routine check points are easy to access at ground level through the side doors.
LOWER OPERATING COSTS
- Equipped with features such as auto idle, auto engine shutdown, and efficient hydraulics with a variable displacement pump, the Cat mini excavator was designed with reducing your operating costs in mind.
- The Cat® C1.7 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) * or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Idle helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Engine Idle Shutdown Timer reduces fuel burn, greenhouse gas emissions and unnecessary idle time by shutting down the machine after a pre-set idling period.
- Cruise control helps you maintain a constant speed as you travel across your jobsite saving fuel and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Cat® Seat Belt Reminder provides audible and visual warnings to remind operators to buckle up during machine operation. The easy-to-install system is compatible with all equipment brands to help ensure operator safety.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.(if equipped)
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.(if equipped)
- Cat Grade with advanced 2D and 3D technologies combine advanced guidance with optional automated machine control helping you reach grading targets while reducing fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by improving efficiency, job site productivity, and accuracy. (if equipped).
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Cat® C1.7 Turbo Engine (U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage V)
- Automatic Engine Idle
- Automatic Engine Shutdown
- Automatic Two Speed Travel
- Fuel Water Separator
- Power on Demand (not available in all regions)
- Variable Displacement Piston Pump
- Load Sensing/Flow Sharing Hydraulics
- Smart Tech Electronic Pump
- Automatic Swing Brake
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Lines
- One and Two Way Auxiliary Flow
- Continuous Auxiliary Flow
- Auxiliary Line Quick Disconnects
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Canopy or Cab (Canopy not available in some regions)
- Top Guard ISO 10262:1998 Level I
- ROPS – ISO 12117-2:2008
- TOPS – ISO 12117:1997
- Stick Steer Mode
- Travel Cruise Control
- Control Pattern Changer (optional in some regions)
- Adjustable Wrist Rests
- Washable Floor Mat
- Travel Pedals and Hand Levers
- Machine Security – Standard Key with Pass Code
- Fabric Suspension Seat (Cab only)
- Vinyl Suspension Seat (Canopy only)
- Hydraulic Lockout – All Controls
- Retractable High Visibility Seat Belt (75 mm/3 in)
- Coat Hook
- Cup Holder
- Storage Pocket
- Mounting Bosses for Front
- Signaling/Warning Horn
- Interior Light (Cab only)
- Boom Light, Halogen (not available in all regions)
- Utility Space for Mobile Phone
- Next Generation Color LCD Monitor (IP66)
– Fuel Level and Coolant Temperature Gauges
– Maintenance and Machine Monitoring
– Performance and Machine Adjustments
– Numeric Security Code
– Multiple Languages
– Hour Meter with Wake Up Switch
– Jog Dial (cab only)
- Rubber Belt (350 mm/13.8 in)
- Dozer Straight Blade
- Dozer Blade Float
- Tie Downs on Track Frame
- BOOM, STICK AND LINKAGES
- One Piece Boom (2500 mm/98.4 in)
- Standard Stick (1395 mm/54.9 in)
- Front Shovel Capable – Pin-On
- Thumb Ready
- Certified Lifting Eye
- 12 Volt Battery
- Software (machine and monitor)
- Maintenance Free Battery
- Battery Disconnect
- 12 Volt Power Socket
- Travel Alarm (optional in some regions)
- Counterweight (225 kg/496 lb)
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Cab with Air Conditioning
- Cab with Heater
- No Travel Pedals and Hand Levers (optional in some regions)
- Machine Security – Push to Start with Key Fob/Pass Code
- LED Front Lights
- LED Front and Rear Lights
- LED Boom Light
- Mirrors, Left, Right and Rear
- Radio – Bluetooth®, Auxiliary, Microphone, USB (charging only) (Cab only)
- Next Generation Advanced Monitor
– Touch Screen
– Site Reference System
– High Definition Camera Capable (IP68 and IP69K)
– Numeric Security Code
- Steel Track (350 mm/13.8 in)
- Steel Track with Rubber Pads
- Angle Blade
- BOOM, STICK AND LINKAGES
- Long Stick (1695 mm/66.7 in)
- Front Shovel Capable – Dual Lock Manual Coupler
- Front Shovel Capable – Hydraulic Coupler
- Attachments including Couplers, Thumbs, Buckets, Augers and Hammers
- 2nd Auxiliary Hydraulic Lines
- Bucket Divert Lines
- Boom Lowering Check Valve
- Stick Lowering Check Valve
- Hydraulic Quick Coupler Lines
- Product Link™ PL243 (regulations apply)
- Product Link PLE643 (regulations apply)
- Polycarbonate Half Height Front Guard (Canopy only)
- Polycarbonate Front Guard (ISO 10262:1998 Level I and EN356 P5A)
- Heavy Duty Front Guard ISO 10262:1998 Level II
- Heavy Duty Top Guard 10262:1998 Level II (Cab only)
- Bio Oil Capable
- Eco Drain
- Water Jacket Heater