309 CR Mini Hydraulic Excavator
The 309 CR Mini Excavator delivers maximum power and performance in a mini size to help you work in a wide range of applications. The 309 CR also features high flow hydraulics to handle power hungry attachments such as mulchers and brushcutters.
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® 309 CR Mini Excavator delivers maximum power and performance in a mini size to help you work in a wide range of applications.The 309 CR also features high flow hydraulics to handle power hungry attachments such as mulchers and brushcutters.The Cat® 309 CR Mini Excavator delivers maximum power and performance in a mini size to help you work in a wide range of applications.
See the new Cat 7-10 Ton Mini Excavators in action.
Learn about the features and benefits of the new Cat 7-10 Ton Mini Excavators.
Easy to read monitor lets you adjust machine settings to your operating preference.
Easily switch from traditional travel controls with levers and pedals to joystick controls with a push of a button.
Hear how Webb Excavating in Tennessee uses their Cat 309 CR Mini Excavator to help their business succeed.
Learn about the recommended Daily Maintenance and Inspection for the Cat 7 to 10 Ton Mini Excavators in this quick video.
Learn about the Safety Features on the Cat 7 to 10 Ton Mini Excavators in this quick video.
ALL DAY COMFORT
- A sealed and pressurized cab is equipped with an improved air conditioning system, adjustable wrist rests and a suspension seat to help keep you working comfortably all day long.
EASY TO OPERATE
- Controls are easy to use and the intuitive Next Generation Monitor provides customizable machine operator preferences and easy to read machine information.
STICK STEER TRAVEL MODE
- Moving around the job site is even easier with the Cat Stick Steer option. Easily switch from traditional travel controls with levers and pedals to joystick controls with a push of a button. The benefit of less effort and improved control is in your hands!
BIG PERFORMANCE IN A MINI DESIGN
- Increased lifting, swinging, travel and multi-functioning performance helps you get the job done more efficiently, blade float allows for easy clean up and long undercarriage provides improved stability.
- Dedicated auxiliary hydraulic pump is ideal for running power-hungry attachments while allowing the machine to simultaneously travel and multifunction. This feature allows consistent pressure to the auxiliary lines with no loss of hydraulic power keeping your attachment running at full power maintaining optimal productivity.
SAFETY ON THE JOB SITE
- Your safety is our top priority. The Cat Mini Excavator is designed to help keep you safe on the job. A back-up camera, courtesy work lights and a fluorescent retractable seat belt are just a few of the safety features we’ve built into the machine.
SIMPLE SERVICE FOR LESS DOWNTIME
- Maintenance is quick and easy on the Cat Mini Excavator. Routine check points are easy to access at ground level with grouped service points and robust service panels.
LOWER OPERATING COSTS
- Equipped with features such as auto idle, auto engine shutdown, and efficient hydraulics with a variable displacement pump, the Cat Mini Excavator was designed with reducing your operating costs in mind.
UNMATCHED DEALER SUPPORT
- Your Cat dealer is here to help you reach your business goals. From providing equipment solutions to operator training to service needs and beyond, your Cat dealer is ready to help.
- The Cat® C3.3B engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) * or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Idle helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Engine Idle Shutdown Timer reduces fuel burn, greenhouse gas emissions and unnecessary idle time by shutting down the machine after a pre-set idling period.
- Cruise control helps you maintain a constant speed as you travel across your jobsite saving fuel and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Cat® Seat Belt Reminder provides audible and visual warnings to remind operators to buckle up during machine operation. The easy-to-install system is compatible with all equipment brands to help ensure operator safety.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.(if equipped)
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.(if equipped)
- Cat Grade with advanced 2D and 3D technologies combine advanced guidance with optional automated machine control helping you reach grading targets while reducing fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by improving efficiency, job site productivity, and accuracy. (if equipped).
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Cat C3.3B Diesel Engine (U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage V) – Electronic Engine, Turbo, Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Automatic Engine Idle
- Automatic Engine Shutdown
- Automatic Swing Brake
- Automatic Two Speed Travel
- Fuel Water Separator with Indicator
- Radial Seal – Double Element Air Filter
- Extended Life Coolant, –37° C (–35° F)
- Electronic Variable Displacement Piston Pump
- Load Sensing/Flow Sharing Hydraulics
- Dedicated Auxiliary Hydraulic Pump
- Power On Demand
- Hydraulic Temperature Monitoring
- Certified Accumulator
- HYDO Advanced Hydraulic Oil
- Ecology Drain
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Top Guard ISO 10262 1998 Level I
- ROPS ISO 12117-2:2008
- Stick Steer Mode
- Travel Cruise Control
- Control Pattern Changer
- Adjustable Wrist Rests
- Molded Footrests
- Removable, Washable Floor Mat
- Travel Pedals and Hand Levers
- Cat Key with Passcode Option
- HVAC with Automatic Temperature Control
- Hydraulic Lockout Controls
- Integrated Lower Front Window
- Assisted Front Window Overhead Storage
- Rear Window Emergency Exit
- Fabric, High Back, Suspension Seat
- Retractable Seat Belt (75 mm/3 in)
- Coat Hook
- Cup Holder
- LED Interior Light
- Literature Holder
- Mounting Bosses for Top and Front Guards
- 12V Power Socket
- Radio – Bluetooth, Auxiliary, Microphone, USB (charging only)
- Signaling/Warning Horn
- Cab and (left side) Boom Work Lights
- Utility Space for Mobile Phone
- Next Generation Color LCD Monitor (IP66)
– Jog Dial Interface
– Fuel Level and Coolant Temperature Gauges
– Maintenance and Machine Monitoring
– Performance and Machine Adjustments
– Numeric Security Code
– Multiple Languages
– Camera Ready (IP68 & IP69K)
– Hour Meter with Wake Up Switch
- Greased and Lubricated Track
- Tie Down Eyes on Track Frame
- Dozer Blade
- Dozer Float
- Bolt-on, Reversible Wear Edge
- BOOM, STICK AND LINKAGES
- One Piece Boom (3400 mm/133.9 in)
- Standard Stick (1820 mm/71.7 in)
- Front Shovel Capable – Pin-on/Manual Coupler/Hydraulic Coupler (not available in all regions)
- Thumb Ready (not available in all regions)
- 12 Volt Electrical System
- 60 Ampere Alternator
- Circuit Breaker
- 900 CCA Maintenance Free Battery
- Battery Disconnect
- Ignition Key Stop Switch
- Travel Alarm
- Locks on External Enclosure Doors
- Lockable Fuel Cap
- Beacon Socket
- Rear Reflectors
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Push to Start with Bluetooth® Key
- Air Suspension Heated Seat
- Rain Visor
- Next Generation Advanced Monitor (below are all included with Next Generation Advanced Monitor option)
– Touch Screen
– Site Reference System
– High Definition Camera Capable (IP68 & IP69K)
– Numeric Security Code
- Wide Dozer Blade
- Steel Tracks (450 mm/17.7 in wide)
- Wide Steel Tracks (600 mm/23.6 in)
- Steel Track with Rubber Pads
- Track Guides
- BOOM, STICK AND LINKAGES
- Long Stick (2360 mm/92.9 in)
- Attachments including Buckets, Augers and Hammers
- 2nd Auxiliary Hydraulic Lines with Case Drain
- Boom Lowering Check Valve
- Stick Lowering Check Valve
- Certified Lifting Eye
- Product Link™ Elite (regulations apply)
- Rearview Camera
- Rotating Beacon
- Mesh Front Guard ISO 10262 1998 Level I
- Heavy Duty Front Guard ISO 10262 1998 Level II
- Top Guard ISO 10262 1998 Level II
- Polycarbonate Front Window EN356 P5A (Cab Only)
- Track Guards
- Additional Counterweight
- Water Jacket Heater
- Refueling Pump
- Variable Angle Boom (refer to 309 CR VAB brochure for VAB specs and additional information)