The Cat® 982 Wheel Loader brings premium performance with simple to-use technologies as a standard offering, boosting operator efficiencies and delivering increased productivity. Improved performance, reliability, durability, and versatility result in a machine that is better built to meet your needs.
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® 982 Wheel Loader brings premium performance with simple to-use technologies as a standard offering, boosting operator efficiencies and delivering increased productivity. Improved performance, reliability, durability, and versatility result in a machine that is better built to meet your needs.
- Cat C13 engine offers high power density with a combination of proven electronics, fuel, and air systems.
- Equipped with automatic Cat regeneration system, Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank and pump.
- Features an electric fuel priming pump, fuel-water separator, and secondary fuel filter.
- Thorough component design and machine validation processes result in unmatched reliability and uptime.
- Heavy-duty transmission and axles designed to handle extreme applications.
- Automatic planetary powershift (4F/4R) transmission features durable, long-lasting components.
- Full-flow hydraulic filtration system with additional kidney-loop filtration improves hydraulic system reliability and component life.
Superior Fuel Efficiency & Productivity
- New Autodig with Auto Set Tires for consistent high bucket fill factors deliver up to 10% more productivity compared to previous Cat model.
- Powershift transmission with lock-up clutch increases fuel efficiency while delivering optimal performance.
- Single clutch and lock-to-lock shifting for faster acceleration and speed on grades.
- Application Profiles optimize machine settings for different applications at one push of a button.
- Job Aids help operators improve and optimize their operating skills.
- Performance Series Buckets utilize a system-based approach to balance bucket shape against the machine’s linkage, resulting in higher fill factors and better material retention when compared with other buckets of the same rated capacity.
- Automatic engine idle shutdown system significantly reduces idle time, overall operating hours, and fuel consumption.
- Optional limited slip differentials increase traction and reduce tire slip, lowering operating costs.
- Optional aggregate handler configuration offers higher payload capability for loose aggregate handling.**
- Deeply integrated engine, power train, and hydraulic systems deliver unmatched productivity and fuel efficiency.
** Optional configurations and equipment may vary from region to region and require conformance to Caterpillar payload policy. Consult your dealer or Caterpillar representative for details.
Smart Machine for Efficient Operation
- Standard Cat technologies to monitor, manage, and enhance your jobsite operations.
– Product Link™ wirelessly connects the machine to the office, giving you access to production and essential health information needed to make timely, fact-based decisions to help you better run your business.
– New Autodig allows the operator to fully automate bucket loading to improve fill factors and loading time.
– Auto Set Tires promotes proper loading technique, significantly reducing tire slip and tire wear.
– Onboard Job Aids and Operator Controls Help to ease operation.
- Optional Cat Advanced Payload with Assist:
– Enhanced lists management, site integration, and extended scale features to help manage and improve productivity and profitability of operations.
- Optional Cat Productivity subscription provides detailed and comprehensive actionable information to help you manage and improve the productivity and profitability of your operations.
***Not legal for trade.
- Rear-vision camera enhances visibility behind the machine, helping you work safely and confidently.
- Optional 360˚ vision system helps the operator monitor the surroundings of the machine at all times.
- Optional Cat Detect radar technology enhances awareness by monitoring the working environment and alerts operators to hazards.
- Cab access with wide door, optional remote door opening, and stair-like steps add solid stability.
- Floor-to-ceiling windshield, large mirrors with integrated spot mirrors, and rear-vision camera provide industry leading all-around visibility.
- Computerized monitoring system includes several warning indicators.
- Monitored seat belt is standard and can be enhanced with an optional exterior indicator.
- Optional access light and under-hood service light system to provide illuminated access to the machine and daily checks even in the dark.
Reduced Maintenance Time & Costs
- Extended fluid and filter change intervals reduce maintenance costs by up to 20%.*
- Convenient access to hydraulic and electrical service centers for easy and safe servicing.
- Remote Troubleshoot can connect the machine to the dealer service department to help diagnose problems quickly so you can get back to work.
- Remote Flash works around your schedule to ensure your machine’s software is up to date for optimal performance.
- The Cat App helps you manage fleet location, hours, and maintenance schedules; it also alerts you for required maintenance and allows you to request service from your local Cat dealer.
- Integrated Autolube extends component and service life.
- One-piece tilting hood makes engine compartment access fast and easy.
- With Fusion™ Quick Coupler, buckets can be changed without leaving the cab, allowing the machine to quickly move from task to task.
*Parts and fluids only
Work in Comfort in the All New Cab
- Next-generation, easily adjustable seat and suspension for improved operator comfort. It comes in three trim levels and can be equipped with a 4-point harness.
- Increased legroom and adjustable seat controls for increased comfort and efficiency.
- Automatic air conditioning system keeps the cab cool as desired.
- New in-cab dashboard and high-resolution touch display(s) are easy to use, intuitive, and user friendly.
- Sound suppression, seals, and viscous cab mounts decrease noise and vibration for a quieter work environment.
- The seat-mounted electro-hydraulic joystick steering system provides precision control and dramatically reduces arm fatigue, resulting in excellent comfort and accuracy. An HMU steering wheel is also available.
- The next generation of ride control works as a shock absorber, improving ride quality over rough terrain.
- Inclined steps and convenient grab handles ease accessibility to the operating space.
- Extended windows enhance visibility, while convex and spot mirrors extend the driver’s view on the sides and rear.
Purpose-built Specialty Configurations
- Application-specific arrangements direct from the factory for optimized performance and added durability in the toughest applications, including:
– Forestry model increases lift and tilt capacities for efficient and productive log and chip handling in paper, pellet, and sawmills.
– Steel mill model is designed for the challenging work environment of steel mills and slag handling applications, incorporating an added level of safety.
– Block handler model is built with the strength and stability to get the work done in block quarries.
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Operator Environment
- Cab, pressurized, sound suppression
- EH implement controls, parking brake
- Steering, joystick
- Seat, cloth, air suspension
- Touchscreen display
- Visibility: mirrors, rear-vision camera
- Air conditioner, heater, defroster (auto temp, fan)
- Sun visor, front, retractable
- Sun visor, rear, retractable
- Window cleaning platform, front
- Windows, front, safety laminated rounded glass
- ON-BOARD TECHNOLOGIES
- Cat Payload scale
- Autodig with Auto Set Tires
- Operator ID & machine security
- Application Profiles
- Job Aids
- Controls Help and eOMM
- POWER TRAIN
- Cat C13 engine
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Fuel-water separator and secondary fuel filter
- Engine, air precleaner
- Axles, open differentials
- Transmission, planetary, automatic powershift
- Torque converter with lock-up
- Service brakes, hydraulic, fully enclosed wet disc, wear indicators
- Integrated Braking System (IBS)
- Park brake, caliper on front axles, spring applied-pressure released
- Implement system, load sensing with variable displacement piston pump
- Steering system, load sensing with dedicated variable displacement piston pump
- Ride control, dual accumulators
- Oil sampling valves, Cat XT™ hoses
- Starting and charging system, 24V
- Starter, electric, heavy duty
- Lights: halogen, 4 work lights, 2 front roading lights with turn signals, 2 rearvision lights
- MONITORING SYSTEM
- Front dash with analog gauges, LCD display, and warning lights
- Primary touchscreen monitor (Cat Payload, quad screens, machine settings & messages)
- Standard lift, Z-bar
- Kickouts: lift and tilt
- Operator Environment
- Door, remote opening system
- Entertainment radio (FM, AM, USB, BT)
- Entertainment radio (DAB+)
- CB radio ready
- Seat, suede/cloth, air suspension, heated
- Seat, leather/cloth, air suspension, heated/ cooled
- 360° vision system
- Cat Detect rear radar system
- Dedicated rearview screen
- Mirrors, heated
- Windows, front, heavy duty, or full guards
- ON-BOARD TECHNOLOGIES
- Cat Advanced Payload
- Cat Payload Printer
- POWER TRAIN
- Turbine, air precleaner
- Radiator, high debris
- Cooling fan, reversible
- Axles, limited slip differential(s)
- Axles, ecology drains, AOC ready, extreme temperature seals
- Axles, oil cooler
- Heavy Duty transmission
- 3rd auxiliary function with ride control
- Quick coupler control
- Cold start, 120V or 240V
- Lights: LED
- Warning beacon
- MONITORING SYSTEM
- Reversing strobe lights
- High lift, Z-bar
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Cat Autolube system
- Fenders, extensions or roading
- Guards: power train, crankcase, cab, cylinders, rear
- Biodegradable hydraulic oil
- High-speed oil change system
- Rear cab access
- Fast fill fuel tank
- Wheel chocks
- Secondary steering system, electrical
- SPECIAL CONFIGURATIONS
- Aggregate handler
- Waste and industrial
- Forestry, logger