C2.2 China NR4
Cat® C2.2 Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONThe C2.2 and C2.2T are indirect injection industrial diesel engines meeting China Nonroad Stage IV emission standards without the need for electronic control, aftertreatment or exhaust gas recirculation. Available as naturally aspirated or turbocharged for improved low speed torque, we also offer a range of factory configurable options to minimize the cost of machine development and of manufacturing if equipped with e-controller.
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Substantial torque rise delivers impressive performance throughout a wide speed range while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading ratings and options for compact construction equipment, material handling, and other industrial applications. The engine is designed to require no special training or operation, which makes it particularly suitable for machines that are used in rental fleets.
Ultra-compact package size and high power density ensures ease of installation. It also allows machine manufacturers to develop smaller machines, with low weight for transport, tight turning circles for productivity, and good sight lines for safety.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including S•O•S℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Standard Equipment
- Control System
- Alternator 12 volt 85 amp
- Starter motor 12 volt
- Glow plug starting aid, delivers heat directly to cylinder for best starting performance in cold weather
- Electronic control unit - chassis mounted
- Flexible and configurable software features and well supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Wiring harness connectors and sensors are waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- SAE No. 4 standard flywheel housing
- Choice of flywheel weight and bolting pattern to accommodate a range of industry-standard hydraulic pumps and transmissions
- Fuel System
- 2000 bar high-pressure common rail system
- Proprietary fuel filters to ensure engine protection through correct service procedures, along with water-in-fuel detection, ensures maximum machine up-time for the operator
- Lube System
- Alternative oil fillers
- Spin-on lube oil filter
- Power Take Off (PTO)
- SAE A PTO drive
- Cast iron engine block
- Cast iron exhaust manifold
- Gradeability 35° continuous
- Paint: Cat yellow
- Aftertreatment/Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)