Cat® C7.1 Industrial Power Unit
DESCRIPTIONThe C7.1 Industrial Power Unit is a complete power package containing a radiator, flywheel, alternator and alternator wiring, completely pre-assembled for fast, straightforward installation in a number of OEM, customer and packager applications. These fuel efficient units are ready-made for irrigation, industrial, mining and other pump applications.
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Exceptional power density enables standardization across numerous applications. Multiple installation options minimize total package size. Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOS℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet
- Standard air cleaners
- Control System
- Full electronic control system, all connectors and wiring looms waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
- Flexible and configurable software features and well-supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Cooling System
- Top tank temperature 108° C (226° F) as standard to minimize cooling pack size
- 50:50 water glycol mix
- Cooling system designed for operation in 48 C (118 F) ambient.
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, including SAE No. 1, SAE No. 2, and SAE No. 3 configurations
- Fuel System
- Electronic high pressure common rail
- ACERT Technology
- Innovative filter design to ensure maximum protection of the engine
- Lube System
- Wide choice of sumps for different applications
- Power Take Off
- SAE A or SAE B flanges on left-hand side. Right-hand side twin PTO also available. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications.
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow