D3 Track-Type Tractor
DESCRIPTIONThe new Cat® D3 delivers superior performance and the broadest choice of technology features to help you get the most from your dozer. Nimble and responsive, it has power for dozing and ﬁnesse for grading. Fully hydrostatic transmission gives you seamless acceleration, so you can get the job done quickly. The load sensing system automatically optimizes ground speed based on load, for the greatest productivity and fuel efficiency.
Introducing the Next Generation Cat® D1, D2 and D3 Small Dozers
Overview of the Next Generation Cat® D1, D2 and D3 Small Dozers
Cat® D1 Small Dozer Customer Story - Swell Construction Group (Florida, USA)
Grade Control on the Next Generation Cat® D1, D2 and D3 Small Dozers
Cab Interior on the Next Generation Cat® D1, D2 and D3 Small Dozers
Undercarriage on the Next Generation Cat® D1, D2 and D3 Small Dozers
Daily Maintenance on the Next Generation Cat® D1, D2 and D3 Small Dozers
- New sloped hood provides better visibility to the work in front of the blade as well as the overall job site. Better visibility can equal less operator fatigue and more confidence in your work.
- Scalable 2D and 3D Cat Grade provide technologies like Slope Assist, Stable Blade, and Slope Indicate for easier and more efficient operation, as well as the flexibility to adapt different technology based on job site demands.
- All Cat Grade systems are compatible with radios and base stations from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica.
- Already invested in a grade infrastructure? You can install grade systems from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica onto the machine.
UP TO 10% IMPROVED FUEL ECONOMY
- The D3 features the lowest fuel consumption in this size class with the same great performance you've come to expect. Up to 20% improvement and no performance sacriﬁce when ECO mode is active.
COMFORTABLE WORK SPACE
- The spacious and comfortable cab features an optional heated and ventilated seat, along with heated joystick controls to make the operator comfortable no matter what the conditions are outside. The seat height and armrests can be easily adjusted to the operator’s preference.
BIGGER, BETTER DISPLAY WITH CAMERA
- This new and improved optional 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen, color display is easy to use, with a great view of machine settings, rearview camera and Slope Indicate/Slope Assist screens. The large reversing camera gives the operator better visibility to the job site.
- The D3 is available with either a Sealed and Lubricated Track (SALT) or Abrasion undercarriage to best suit your application. The undercarriage has a longer life resulting in less down time. A one piece mainframe/track roller frame design and the large, double reduction planetary final drive allow the machine to push heavy loads.
- The Cat® C3.6 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Japan 2014, and Korea Tier 5 emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) * or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Engine Speed Control helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Cat® Grade with Slope Assist™ helps you avoid costly rework and wasteful fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by automating your blade position without a GPS signal.
- Cat® Grade with 3D automates blade movements using a GPS signal helping you follow a grade design, reducing fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by improving efficiency and accuracy.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- POWER TRAIN
- Air cleaner with precleaner, automatic dust ejection and underhood intake
- Aluminum bar plate cooling system (radiator, power train)
- Automatic traction control
- Cat C3.6 diesel engine
- Drive, auxiliary
- Dual path, closed loop, hydrostatic transmission
- Electric fuel pump
- Fuel/water separator
- Turbocharged aftercooled
- Alarm, backup
- Alternator, 150 amp, heavy duty
- Batteries, heavy duty, maintenance free, 1,000 CCA
- Diagnostic connector
- Four integrated front halogen lights, two rear halogen
- Horn, electric
- Starter, electric, 12 V, heavy duty
- SALT undercarriage (40 section)
- Carrier rollers
- Guards, front/rear guiding
- Seven roller track frame
- Track adjusters, hydraulic
- Track rollers, lifetime lubricated
- Hydraulic pump and oil
- Single lever, three function control
- Three valve hydraulics
- CAT TECHNOLOGY
- Cat Product Link PLE643/PLE743 Cellular
- Slope Indicate
- Stable blade
- Compatibility with radios and base stations from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica
- Capability to install 3D grade systems from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica
- Rigid drawbar
- Front pull device
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Armrests, adjustable
- Coat hook
- Controls, seat mounted, fore/aft adjustment
- Cup holders
- Eco mode
- Electronic Monitoring system with gauge:
– Chassis slope indication
– Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)
– Engine coolant temperature
– Fuel level
– Hydraulic oil temperature
- Electronic security system
- Engine air cleaner service indicator
- Engine RPM and gear display
- Floor mat, rubber, heavy duty
- Foot pads, dash
- Hour meter, electronic
- Independent forward/reverse speed settings
- Mirror, rearview, inside
- Power port, 12 volt
- ROPS/FOPS canopy
- Seat, air suspended, cloth or vinyl
- Seatbelt, hi-vis retractable 76 mm (3")
- Seatbelt buckling indicator/reminder
- Single pedal combining decel and brake functions
- Speed recall
- Storage compartment
- Throttle switch, rotary
- Travel speed limiter, electronic
- POWER TRAIN
- Air cleaner with external precleaner
- Installation, winch
- Four integrated front LED lights, two rear LED
- Abrasion undercarriage (36 section)
- Track Pairs
– Track, 510 mm (20 in)
– Track, 660 mm (26 in)
– Track, 762 mm (30 in)
- Four valve for use with ripper
- Four valve for use with winch
- CAT TECHNOLOGY
- Cat GRADE with Slope Assist
- Cat GRADE with 3D
- Cat Product Link PLE683/PLE783 Cellular/Satellite
- Full-color 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen grade display
- Power Pitch
- Drawbar, towing
- Machine security system
- Mounting, winch
- Ripper, parallelogram, includes three shanks and teeth
- Winch, hydraulic, high performance
- Winch, hydraulic, retrieval
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Cab, with air conditioning
- Cab, polycarbonate windows and air conditioning
- Radio, AM/FM Bluetooth®
- Seat, air suspension, choice of:
– Vinyl, heated seat with heated controls
– Cloth, heated seat with heated controls
– Cloth, heated and ventilated seat with heated controls
- Sound suppression
- Heater, engine, coolant 120 V/240 V
- Starting aid, ether