MH3024 Wheel Material Handler
Cat® MH3024 wheel material handlers are designed for waste handling, scrap metal recycling, timber mill yards, and other industrial applications.
DESCRIPTIONWe know that when it comes to material handling equipment, your success depends on productivity and low operating costs. The Cat MH3024 is a purpose-built material handler that will provide you with the superior performance you need for your toughest waste and scrapyard applications. The MH3024 features simple-to-use technologies, a redesigned cab for enhanced comfort, and more boom options to match your work. Combine these features with up to 10% lower operating costs and 7% greater swing torque, and you have a safe, quality and reliable product to take on the wide variety of challenges you face each day.
Cat® Material Handlers 3000 Series Features and Benefits
Cat® MH3024 in the Waste Industry Customer Testimonial
Cat® MH3024 Material Handler Pre-shift Walkaround
- Cat Payload helps you achieve precise load targets to improve your operating efficiency. Pick up a load of material--with a bucket and thumb combination or grapple and clamshell attachments--and get a real-time weight estimate without swinging.
- New optional auxiliary relay powers on and turns off CB radios, beacon lights, and other attachments without you taking your hands off the joysticks.
HIGHER PERFORMANCE WITH LOWER FUEL CONSUMPTION
- Use up to 10% less fuel versus the previous model, with no impact on your productivity.
- Get the job done faster with 7% greater swing torque
- The C4.4 engine can run on biodiesel up to B20 and meets US EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V Final emissions standards with an aftertreatment system that requires no maintenance or downtime.
- The advanced electro-hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need.
- Valve priority puts hydraulic pressure and flow where you need it.
- Boost lifting capabilities and improve the controllability of heavy loads with heavy lift mode.
- Program and store your preferred power mode and joystick settings using your operator ID. The machine will automatically remember your selections, reducing operator stress and fuel consumption.
- SmartBoom™ lets the boom freely travel up and down without using any pump flow so operators can focus on stick and bucket work.
- The Cat App helps you manage fleet location, hours, and maintenance schedules; it also alerts you for required maintenance and even allows you to request service from your local Cat dealer.
- Product Link comes standard so you can remotely monitor machine health, location, hours, and fuel consumption on demand.
VERSATILITY KEEPS YOU PRODUCTIVE AND PROFITABLE
- Match your machine to your application. Multiple configurations allow you to customize your machine to your needs.
- Equip your MH3024 with an optional 15kW generator for magnet operation. Generator controls are fully integrated into the cab monitor.
- Expand your work capabilities with attachments for a variety of applications.
WORK IN COMFORT IN THE ALL-NEW CAB
- Choose between Deluxe and Premium cab options.
- The Deluxe seat is heated and air adjustable, while the Premium seat is heated and ventilated and adjusts automatically.
- The cab has a wide seat that adjusts for operators of all sizes.
- Control the machine comfortably with easy-to-reach controls.
- Standard automatic climate control keeps you at the right temperature all shift long.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are also provided.
- Use the standard radio's USB ports and BluetoothTM technology to connect to personal devices.
RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
- Count on your machine to withstand wear throughout the years. Boom, sticks, and other high-stress areas are reinforced with thick multi-plate fabrications, castings, and forgings to ensure quality and reliability.
- Work up to 3000 m (9,840 ft) above sea level without derating.
- Don't let the temperature stop you from working. The material handler has a standard high-ambient temperature capability of 52° C (125° F) and cold start capability of -18° C (-0°F).
- Auto warm up speeds up hydraulic oil warming in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Cab Avoidance helps you avoid contact between your attachment and the cab.
- Standard E-Fence prevents your machine from moving outside operator-defined parameters.
- Keep your machine secure with Operator ID. Use your PIN code on the monitor to enable the push button starting feature.
- Access all daily maintenance points from ground level -no need for you to climb on top of the machine.
- Enjoy great all-around visibility with the help of smaller cab pillars, larger windows, and a flat engine hood design. Rearview and sideview cameras are standard along with optional 360-degree visibility system.
- Thicker high impact and impact resistant windshields fulfil the EN356 P8B and P5A standards respectively.
- Cab air pre-filtration reduces dust entry and air contamination. Upgrade to the optional Advanced Cabin Filtration System for additional protection against harmful particles.
- Joystick steering eliminates steering column, improving front visibility and increasing cab entrance width. There is an option for a steering wheel for operators who prefer it.
- New service platform design provides easy, safe, and quick access to the upper service platform.The service platform steps use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping.
- The standard hydraulic lockout lever isolates all hydraulic and travel functions in the lowered position.
- Optional Falling Object Guard System (FOGS) provides protection from falling and flying debris.
- Ground-level shutoff switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
- Boom and stick lowering check valves prevent reverse flow, keeping your front linkage securely in place should the hydraulic system unexpectedly lose power.
- Track your machine's filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- Change all fuel filters at a synchronized 1,000 hours.
- Expect the new air intake filter with cyclone precleaner to last up to 1,000 hours.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000-hour replacement interval - 50 percent longer than previous filter designs.
- High-efficiency, electrically driven cooling fans run only when needed; you can program intervals, so they automatically reverse to keep cores clean without interrupting your work.
- S·O·SSM ports simplify maintenance and allowing for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
- The Cat C4.4 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- The MH3024 emits up to 17% less CO2 than the previous MH3024-06*.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) ** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or "Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations" (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Engine Speed Control helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- When engaged, one-touch idle helps operators conserve fuel and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by lowering engine speed when the machine is under no load and return to normal operating speed when desired.
- Cat Scheduled Oil Sampling (S-O-S) Services helps reveal excessive wear, contaminated fluids or other "unseen" issues that can shorten component life. In many cases, you can extend oil and coolant change intervals by using fluid monitoring. Consult your Cat dealer or the machine's operation and maintenance manual for more information.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel.
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Advanced sound-suppressed TOPS cab (ISO 12117-2 compliant)
- Keyless push-to-start engine control
- Tilt-up left-side console
- LED dome lights
- Cat Technology
- Cat Product Link
- 2D E-fence and cab avoidance
- Remote flash and services capability
- Cat Payload
- Electrical System
- Roading and indicator lights at front and rear
- Maintenance-free batteries
- LED chassis light, left-hand/right-hand boom and stick lights, cab lights -1800 lumens
- Centralized electrical disconnect switch
- Programmable time delay LED working lights
- Service and Maintenance
- Automatic lubrication system for implement and swing system
- S-O-S sampling ports
- C4.4 engine
- One-touch low idle with automatic engine speed control
- Automatic engine shutdown
- 52°C (125°F) high-ambient capability
- Cold start capability-18°C (-0°F)
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Double element air filter with integrated precleaner
- On-demand electric cooling fans with auto-reverse function
- Hydraulic System
- Electric main control valve
- Automatic hydraulic oil warm up
- Automatic swing brake
- Separate dedicated swing pump
- Boom and stick lowering check valves
- Medium pressure auxiliary circuit
- Element type main hydraulic filter
- Smart Stick
- Heavy lift mode
- Safety and Security
- Rear- and right-side-view cameras
- Secondary engine shutoff switch
- Undercarriage and Structures
- All wheel drive
- Automatic brake/axle lock
- Creeper speed
- Heavy-duty axles, advanced disc brake system, and travel motor with adjustable braking force
- Lockable, oscillating front axle with remote greasing point
- Booms and Sticks
- 7.45m (24'5"') Straight MH boom
- 6.4 m (21') Straight MH boom
- 5.26 m (17'3") Variable Angle boom
- 5.65 m (18'6") One-piece boom
- 5.0 m (16'5") Drop Nose MH stick
- 4.3 m (14'1") Straight MH stick
- 2.9 m (9'6") Reach stick
- 2.5 m (8'2") Reach stick
- No Stick Configuration
- Deluxe cab: air suspension heated seat, 10" touchscreen monitor
- Premium cab: air suspension heated seat, 10" touchscreen monitor
- Fixed one-piece laminated windshield and roof window (P5A glass)
- Fixed one-piece laminated windshield and roof window (P8B glass)
- Auxiliary relay
- Electrical System
- Electrical refueling pump
- Safety and Security
- 360° visibility
- Travel alarm
- Undercarriage and Structures
- 2750 mm (9'0") wide undercarriage
- 3000 mm (9'10") wide undercarriage
- 4200 kg (9,250 lb) counterweight
- 4700 kb (10,350 lb) counterweight
- Push Blade
- 10.00-20 dual solid rubber tires
- 10.00-20 16 PR dual tires