Cat® 3516E Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® 3516E industrial diesel engine is offered at a continuous rating of 1566 kW (2100 hp) @ 1650 rpm and is designed for applications that require continuous heavy-duty service. These engines are capable of being operated at maximum power and speed up to 100% of the time without interuption or load cycling.The Cat® 3516E industrial diesel engine is offered at a continuous rating of 1566 kW (2100 hp) @ 1650 rpm and is designed for applications that require continuous heavy-duty service. These engines are capable of being operated at maximum power and speed up to 100% of the time without interuption or load cycling.
The 3516E is certified to meet EU Stage V, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, and California Air Regulations Board (CARB) standards, providing a single solution for higher regulated countries and simplifying installations for OEMs.
The 3516E offers unsurpassed performance and durability in a wide array of industries and applications, including shredders, chippers, grinders, bore and drill rigs, and pumps as well as other applications in forestry, general industrial, material handling, and mining.Industrial Power
High Continuous Power Density
The A-Rating means the 3516E is able to deliver the engine’s full 2100 hp (1566 kW) @1650 rpm continuously without interruption or load cycling. That’s the type of heavy duty usage that some applications demand and the 3516E delivers it.
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Fuel consumption is optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs. Even with the addition of an SCR aftertreatment and the required diesel exhaust fluid, the 3516E costs 1.3% less to operate than the preceeding model
Tier 2 3516C.
Every Cat engine is manufactured to stringent quality standards in order to assure customer satisfaction.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet System
- Four turbochargers, centre mounted
- Air-to-Air Aftercooled (ATAAC)
- Control System
- Electronic engine control
- Exhaust System
- Two exhaust outlets, 203 mm (8 in) round flange
- Exhaust manifold, dry
- Four turbochargers with watercooled bearings
- Cooling System
- Gear-driven centrifugal jacket water pump
- Connections for radiator cooling
- Thermostats and housing
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Flywheel housing, SAE No. 0 or SAE No. 00
- Flywheel, SAE No. 18 or SAE No. 21
- SAE standard rotation
- Fuel System
- Fuel filter, LH spin-on type
- Fuel transfer pump
- Electronically controlled unit injectors
- Lube System
- Crankcase breather, top mounted
- Oil cooler
- Oil filler and dipstick, LH
- Oil pump
- Oil filter, LH, spin-on type
- Front sump oil pan, 500-hour change interval
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- Vibration damper
- Lifting eyes