995 Wheel Loader
The Cat 995 Wheel Loader meets mining companies' demand for greater productivity by delivering more: More payload. More power. More performance. And more profitability.
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® 995 Wheel Loader meets your demand for greater productivity by delivering more — and using less. It gives you more payload, more power and more performance while using less fuel. So you can get more done in less time while reducing fuel usage. Introduced in 1990, the 994 was the top choice in its size class for over 25 years. The 995 builds on the success of the 994K model with the goal of achieving even higher efficiency and production. Compared to the 994K, the new 995 is up to 19% more efficient and up to 19% more productive, thanks to a higher rated payload, increase in hydraulic force and up to 20% reduction in hourly fuel consumption in Enhanced Eco Mode. It also offers an improved operator environment, with greater visibility and 50% more leg room, plus features that improve operator confidence while reducing fatigue.
- Designed for visibility, with a taller windshield that provides a 25% increase in glass surface area for a better view to the bucket, standard rear-view camera, optional Detect 270-degree cameras, standard LED lighting and six-mirror system.
- Improved access and egress, with integrated powered access system that can be raised and lowered from cab or ground, 45-degree-angle wide stairs, emergency egress ladder, and full handrails on each side.
- Wide walkways with non-skid surfaces, windshield cleaning platform, and integrated lockout/tagout points designed into the service areas.
- Increased leg room and increased width by the operator’s knees compared to 994K.
- Reduced vibration, low sound levels and automatic temperature controls.
- Electro-hydraulic speed-sensing steering with force feedback for shift-long comfort.
- Pressurized cab featuring Next Gen Seat with 9-inch travel, active cooling and heating, adjustable lumbar support, seat cushion tilt adjustment, and air-adjustable bolsters on the seat and backrest.
CONFIDENT & EMPOWERED OPERATORS
- Low-effort integrated controls that make cycles smoother and faster while reducing fatigue.
- Large, easy-to-read, color LED displays that provide access to the Electronic Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Operator coaching, which helps empower operators to exceed targets by measuring and providing feedback to reinforce proper operating techniques.
- New Autodig Components that boost efficiency and reduce tire wear by automating critical parts of the digging cycle.
- Payload Overload Prevention, which inhibits severe payloads from being raised to full truck height.
- Increased rated payload and 6% increase in hydraulic force compared to 994K.
- Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS), which reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency.
- Superior loading with Cat Performance Series Buckets, which are engineered to dig into piles quickly and load efficiently — with fill factors up to 115%.
- 3516E engine, which delivers optimum performance through the use of a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design, plus turbochargers and aftercoolers that deliver on-demand performance.
- Excellent stability thanks to optimized weight distribution, helping operators be more confident and productive.
- Tire Slip Prevention, which reduces rimpull when there is less downforce on the tire and increases rimpull when there is more downforce on the tire — providing maximum rimpull when you can use it.
- Tire Set, which automatically applies a lift command at the optimal time to increase traction on the tire, allowing for an increase in usable rimpull.
- Lift Stall Prevention, which automatically applies the impeller clutch when necessary to prevent hydraulic stall when lifting up through the face — keeping the lift motion continuous, without excessive use of the impeller clutch.
- Positive Flow Control Hydraulic System, which boosts efficiency with concurrent pump and valve control and increases bucket feel and control to deliver consistent performance.
- On-demand throttle feature that allows operators to maintain normal operation with the left pedal and implements while the 995 manages the engine speed.
- Reduced time spent on regular maintenance procedures thanks to features such as ground-level or platform access to filters; grouped service points; swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment; improved access for engine and pump drive service as well as to cooling package; and automatic lubrication system that greases the linkage, hitch, steering and axle trunnion bearings.
- Service station that provides easy access to functions such as coolant and oil as well as level indicators; Cat battery charging connector; and indicator lights for full fuel tanks.
- Redesigned pump bay, which offers improved access to transmission components, discharge ports located on the side of pumps, and lines routed directly to screen.
- Reduced number of steering hoses and tubes; removal of brackets and neutralizers, eliminating the need for neutralizer adjustment; and addition of pilot accumulator, EH valve and pilot filter.
- Improvements in filters and diagnostics across the machine, with groundline service that includes a steering pilot filter, transmission filters and steering pump discharge screen; pump bay that includes a brake pump filter, implement pilot filter and implement discharge screens; and diagnostic ports that are accessible from the front walk deck and pump bay.
BUCKETS AND GET
- Approved for higher payloads in low to moderate digging resistance applications; increased payload intended for rehandled material in the ROM pad area or stockpile material, such as coal.
- Variety of bucket options, including rock buckets for loading limestone or other unprocessed rock; heavy-duty rock buckets for applications like face loading tightly compacted pit materials or handling materials of moderate abrasion and high impact; coal buckets for light density non-abrasive materials; and iron ore buckets for extremely aggressive applications.
- Performance Series Buckets feature extended floor, dual radius and angled side bars for fast loading; larger bottom box section for increased strength, high fill factors and good material retention; and taller side plate with a level top surface improves operator visibility to the bucket from the cab.
- Cat Ground Engaging Tools (GET) that feature CapSure™ Retention Technology, which simplifies component replacement with hammerless retention for fast, easy and safe installation.
- Highly durable structures, with full box-section rear frame that resists torsional shock and twisting forces to maximize life of mounted components.
- Frames that utilize castings in key areas to maximize frame durability and optimize efficiency.
- Rear axle mounting to frame that is optimized to better disperse loads for increased structural integrity.
- Loads efficiently transmitted by the field-proven solid steel lift arms, with enhanced strength in key pin areas through the use of one-piece castings.
- Frame, powertrain, engine and components that all built to be rebuilt — using new, remanufactured or rebuilt parts and components — to deliver multiple lives of like-new performance at a fraction-of-new price.
- Cat MineStar™ Terrain for loading, which provides real-time feedback on payloads and design plan progress to increases productivity and accuracy, reduce rework, enhance ore control and improve shift-to-shift operator performance.
- MineStar Object Detection, which combines radar and camera systems to warn operators about light vehicles or stationary hazards within the immediate vicinity of their machines.
- MineStar Health, which delivers critical event-based machine condition and operating data and includes comprehensive equipment health and asset monitoring capabilities, with a wide range of diagnostic, analytic and reporting tools.
- Upgraded touchscreen information display that provides intuitive operation and easy navigation and keeps operators informed about machine systems to decrease service time.
- Cat ProductLink™, which provides remote access to information on machine systems and diagnostic codes; allows you to track utilization, fuel usage and payload summaries; and gives access to machine location, service meter hours and reporting status.
- Designed to be more efficient and use less fuel, which reduces engine emissions and carbon footprint; Tier 4 Final engine reduces NOx and particulate matter.
- Engine Idle Shutdown, which saves fuel by making it possible to avoid unnecessary idling.
- Better control of fluids through use of Cat anti-drain filter housings and component ecology drains.
- Retrofits and upgrades for older machines — to incorporate efficiency improvements and emission reductions, and to keep them in production longer to conserve energy and minimize the need for raw materials
- Cat Rebuild and Cat Reman programs, which preserve raw materials, conserve energy and reduce emissions.
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- POWER TRAIN
- Engine, 3516E High Displacement (HD) Mechanical Electronic Unit Injector (MEUI™-A), Air-to-Air Aftercooling (ATAAC) diesel, turbocharged/aftercooled
- Engine prelube
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Ground-level engine shutoff
- Engine air intake (above hood) precleaner
- Aluminum Modular Radiator (AMR)
- Automatic, ether starting aid
- Electronic throttle lock
- Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) with Lock-Up Clutch and rimpull control system
- Rimpull control system
- Planetary powershift, 3F/3R electronic control transmission
- Delayed engine shutdown
- Oil-cooled, multi-disc, service brakes
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Standard lift
- Batteries, low maintenance
- 10/15 amp, 24V to 12V converter
- Disconnect switch to bumper
- LED warning lights (pattern selectable)
- LED lighting system (working lights, access and service platform lights, turn signals/hazard lights)
- Emergency jump-start receptacle
- Starter and transmission lockout in bumper
- 24V starting and charging system
- Electric starters
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Premium seat with heated and actively cooled leather, adjustable lumbar support, air adjustable bolsters on the seat and backrest, seat cushion tilt adjustment and two-way thigh support adjustment
- Bonded glass, tinted
- Trainer seat
- Dual-lever lift and tilt function controls
- Implement kickouts
- Air conditioner
- Cab pressure indicator
- Graphical touchscreen information display conveys real-time operating information
- Heater, defroster, auto temperature controls
- Powered cab precleaner
- Operator presence status
- Starting/charging system malfunction
- Electronic OMM
- Operator controls help
- Two USB charging ports
- CB mounting, 12V/24V power and antenna
- 14-pin service port
- 12V power
- Selectable application profiles
- Entertainment radio mute
- Push-To-Start (PTS)
- Warning/indicator instrumentation
- Keypad control with indicator lights
- Dome light in cab
- Lunchbox and beverage holders
- Electro-hydraulic force feedback steering
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS™) with information display: external data port, cycle timer
- Coat hook
- Gauge instrumentation with configurable widgets:
– Status indicators
– Wheel rev counter
– Simplified payload
– Tire pressure monitoring system (optional)
– Bucket angle
– Coolant temperature
– Hydraulic oil temperature
– Fuel level
– Power train oil temperature
– Engine speed (tachometer)
– Transmission gear
– Ground speed
– Engine hour meter
- Ground-access ladders
- Rear-vision camera
- Front frame access with steps
- Front walkway around cab
- Pump bay access ladders with T-handle and platform
- Tie-offs on ROPS and radiator guards
- Steering frame lock
- Stairways on both sides of the machine
- LED stairway and access lights
- Toe kicks
- Electric (field and shop) horns
- Retractable seatbelt, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- Trainer seat with lap belt, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- Back-up alarm
- Secondary steering
- MACHINE CONTROL AND GUIDANCE
- MineStar™ Health ready
- MineStar GUIDE ready
- MineStar Edge ready
- FUEL TANK
- 12 hour (3240 L/856 gal)
- Standard ambient package (recommended for site conditions that do not exceed 43° C [110° F])
- Ground-level service center including:
– Service center light
– Implement and cooling fan oil level indicator
– Steering and brake oil level indicator
– Window washer solvent level indicator
– Transmission oil level indicator
– DEF level indicator (if equipped)
– Fuel level indicator
– Engine oil level indicator
– Engine coolant level indicator
– Automatic lubrication system grease tank level indicator
– DEF purge indicator lamp
– Transmission lockout and LED
– Starter lockout and LED
– Heavy-duty battery disconnect switch
– Stairway light switch
–Service lighting switch (if equipped)
– Fuel shutoff engine shutdown switch
– Engine oil fast-fill port
– Transmission oil fast-fill port
– Steering and brake hydraulic oil fast-fill port
– Steering and brake hydraulic oil drain port
– Oil renewal system fast-fill port (if equipped)
– Engine coolant fast-fill port
– DEF fill port (HRC only)
– Implement and cooling fan hydraulic oil fast-fill port
– Implement and cooling hydraulic oil drain port
– Automatic lubrication system grease tank fill port
– 24V jump-start receptacle
– 240V jacket water and engine oil heater plug (if equipped)
– 12V power port
– VIMS key switch
– 14-pin machine data port
- In-tank mounted cartridge-type case drain filters with in-line magnetic plugs on implement, cooling fan, brake and steering pumps
- High-pressure screens on the output side of implement, cooling fan, brake and steering pumps
- Pump efficiency monitoring
- Automatic lubrication system greases the linkage, hitch, steering and axle trunnion bearings
- Electronic pressure control of the automatic lubrication system eliminates pressure adjustment and monitors grease thickness for temperature compatibility
- Rock guards on linkage grease lines
- Cat O-ring face seal couplings
- Lockable service access doors
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, hydraulic tank, steering and brake tank, brake cooling tank and axles
- High-speed engine oil change system
- Ground-level fast-fill fuel system
- Transmission guard
- Drawbar hitch with pin
- Cat XT™ hoses
- Left-side service center
- Oil sampling valves
- Automatic Autolube filling shutoff valve
- Telematics and Cat Electronic Technician service port in bumper
- Air filter remaining useful life sensor
- Premixed 50% concentration of extended-life coolant with freeze protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Rear access to cab and service platform
- Load-sensing steering
- Supplemental steering system
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Cooling cleanout service package
- VIMS download and Cat Electronic Technician service port in bumper
- Service lights (engine bay, service center)
- EH steering eliminates need for neutralizer adjustment
- Ground-level service center including:
- On demand throttle, HP Plus, and Enhanced ECO Modes
- Variable displacement implement pumps
- Variable displacement load sensing steering
- Variable displacement cooling fan pump
- Torque converter lock-up clutch
- POWER TRAIN
- Oil Renewal System (ORS)* (for increased time between oil changes)
- High lift
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Rubber-mounted, high-impact resistant solar control glass
- Trainer seat with suspension
- Joystick lift and tilt function controls
- Bluetooth®-enabled machine security
- Sun screen, pull down (front and rear)
- AM/FM/AUX radio
- AM/FM/AUX/USB/BT/CD/SAT radio
- Powered ground-access stairs
- Cat Detect (Rear Object Detection)
- Wheel chocks
- COLD WEATHER
- Cold-weather cooling fan bypass (recommended for temperatures below –29° C [–20° F])
- Heavy-duty starter (provides an additional electric starter motor and two additional batteries for a total of three starter motors and six batteries) (recommended for temperatures below 0° C [32° F])
- 240V engine oil and coolant heating elements (recommended in conditions from –18° C to –30° C [0° F to –22° F])
- Fuel heater (heated by recirculation using engine heat and a heat exchanger) (recommended in conditions from –18° C to –30° C [0° F to –22° F])
- Heated mirrors (recommended for below-freezing temperatures)
- MACHINE CONTROL AND GUIDANCE
- Cat Payload with Overload Prevention
- New Autodig Components:
– Tire slip prevention
– Lift stall prevention
– Tire set
- Operator coaching
- FUEL TANK
- 24 hour (5350 L/1414 gal)
- High ambient package (recommended for site conditions that do not exceed 53° C [127° F])
- RIMS AND TIRES
- Rims – 1194 mm (47") (47 × 57); 152 mm (6") flange; For use with 58/85-57; 84PR L4 tires
- Rims – 1194 mm (47") (47 × 57);127 mm (5") flange; For use with 60/80 R57; L5R XMine D2 SR tires
- Tires – 58/85-57 84PR L4 (require 47" rims)
- SPARE RIMS
- 1194 mm (47") 152 mm (44 × 57) (6") flange
- 1194 mm (47") 127 mm (47 × 57) (5") flange
- Product Link™ satellite
- Product Link cellular
- Product Link (dual mode – satellite/cellular)
- Additional service lights (pump bay, front frame and bumper)
- Sound-suppression package