Cat® C18 Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® C18 Industrial Diesel Engine is offered in ratings ranging from 429-522 bkW (575-700 bhp)@ 1800-1900 rpm. Industries and applications powered by C18 engines include: Agriculture, Ag Tractors, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Dredgers, Forestry, General Industrial, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Shovels/Draglines, Surface Hauling Equipment and Trenchers.On construction sites and mining operations, in agriculture and forestry, and in a wide range of industries, Cat® C18 Industrial Diesel Engines deliver the power, performance and durability to take on the biggest challenges. More importantly, they're backed by the world-class Cat dealer network ready to service and support every Cat® industrial engine. Industries and applications powered by C18 engines include: Agriculture, Ag Tractors, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Dredgers, Forestry, General Industrial, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Shovels/Draglines, Surface Hauling Equipment and Trenchers. This information about Emissions describes the particular rating's emissions technology. For more information about emissions certification, please contact your local Cat dealer.Industrial Power
When it comes to keeping engine installation costs down, customization is key. With plenty of options to keep the engine package size to a minimum, the Cat C18 is a fully-configurable engine giving owners the power to customize based on a variety of applications.
With a DEF capacity of 93.7 liters and 5,000-hour service intervals, the Cat C18 also features transparent regeneration technology giving owners the power to stay more productive—when its needed the most.
Industrial, agricultural and construction applications such as: Asphalt paving equipment • Compressors • Bore rigs • Drill rigs • Chippers • Grinders • Hydraulic power units • Pumps • Trenchers • Irrigation Equipment
Total Cost of Ownership
Whether you own a fleet of machines or even just one, it's important to keep lifetime costs of the engine low. The Cat C18 aims to do just that through a combination of technologies that only require 500-hour service intervals and optimize fluid consuption levels to be the most effective and efficient no matter the application.
Cat Dealer Product Support
With product support offered through the global Cat dealer network and an included warranty, the Cat C18 offers peace of mind with scheduled maintenance and simplified service routines. See your Cat dealer for details.
Clean air isn't just about creating a better world, it's about work site saftey as well. That's why the Cat C18 features a clean emissions module that uses DOC, DPF and SCR tecnologies to keep the engine running cleaner than ever before.
- Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet System
- Air-to-Air Aftercooled
- Mid-mount turbocharged system with front and rear exhaust configurations (Tier 4 Final, Stage V)
- Control System
- Electronic control system
- Over-foam wiring harness
- Automatic altitude compensation
- Power compensated for fuel temperature
- Remote fan control
- Configurable software features
- Engine monitoring system SAE J1939 broadcast and control
- Integrated Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Cooling System
- Thermostats and housing, vertical outlet
- Centrifugal water pump
- Guidance on cooling system design available through your dealer to ensure equipment reliability
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Choice of SAE No. 0 or SAE No. 1 flywheel housing
- Available SAE No. 1 power take off with optional SAE A, SAE B or SAE C power take off drives. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine with optional attachments. (Tier 4 Final, Stage V).
- Fuel System
- MEUI injection
- Primary fuel filter
- Secondary fuel filters
- Fuel transfer pump
- Electronic fuel priming
- Lube System
- Open crankcase ventilation system
- Oil cooler
- Oil filler
- Lube oil filter
- Oil dipstick
- Gear driven oil pump
- Choice of front, rear or center sumps
- Open crankcase ventilation system with fumes disposal (optional OCV filter system) (Tier 4 Final, Stage V)
- Power Take Off (PTO)
- SAE A, SAE B or SAE C power take off (PTO) drives. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications.
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V Aftertreatment/ Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Aftertreatment information applies to ratings from 429-522 bkW (575-700 bhp)
- Cat Regeneration System
- Clean Emissions Module (CEM), consisting of Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Aftertreatment Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- NOx Reduction System (NRS)
- Pump Electronic Control Unit (PETU)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Available in 12V or 24V systems