Cat® C3.6 Industrial Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® C3.6 Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 90 bkW (121 bhp) @ 2400 rpm. The C3.6 is designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications, including agricultural tractors, aircraft ground support, bore/drill rigs, chippers/grinders, compactors/rollers, compressors, forestry, irrigation equipment, material handling, mining, earthmoving equipment, paving equipment, pumps, fruit harvesters equipment, turf and underground mining equipment.
Meets China Nonroad Stage III Emission Standards, U.S. EPA Tier 3 Nonroad Equivalent Emission Standards (Not Currently EPA Certified). Note: Not for sale in the U.S. (not certfied to current EPA emissions standards), EU Stage IIIA Nonroad Equivalent Emission Standards (Non-Current for EU). Note: Not for sale in the EU (does not meet current emissions standards)
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven technologies and extensive field validation assure reliability and durability in tough nonroad applications.
Leading edge fuel systems and turbocharging provide high torque even at lower engine speeds
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Low Cost Maintenance
Worldwide service delivers ease of maintenance and simplifies the servicing routine. Capable of optimal oil change intervals of 500 hours. The S•O•S℠ program is available from your Cat dealer to determine oil change intervals and provide optimal performance.
Every Cat engine is manufactured to stringent quality standards in order to assure customer satisfaction.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOS℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Standard Equipment
- Control System
- Starter motor (12V or 24V)
- Alternator (12V or 24V)
- Electronic Control Unit (chassis mounted)
- Engine control sensors and robust wiring harness
- Data interface via CANbus J1939
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Flywheel housings - SAE 3 or SAE 4
- Choice of flywheel to match industry common hydraulic pumps and transmissions
- Side PTO with SAE A or SAE B interface
- Fuel System
- Fuel filter - preconnected but chassis mounted
- With water sensor
- Lube System
- Lubricating oil filters
- High incline oil pan - 35 degrees continuous in all directions
- Cold start capability to -20° C (-4° F)
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request