Cat® C3.6 Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® C3.6 Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 100 bkW (134 bhp) @ 2200 rpm. The C3.6 is designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications, including agricultural tractors, aircraft ground support, bore/drill rigs, chippers/grinders, compactors/rollers, compressors, forestry, irrigation equipment, material handling, mining, earthmoving equipment, paving equipment, pumps, fruit harvesters equipment, turf and underground mining equipment.
Smaller in size than it's predecessor, the Cat C3.6 is a powerful engine in a compact and easily integrated size that saves OEMs valuable time and costs. With flexible aftertreatment mounting options and a simplfied engine installation process, the C3.6 can be placed into a wide variety of applications with agility and speed.
What would you do with 5% more power density and 12% more torque? The C3.6 uses the latest in technology to bring OEMs the most efficient and powerful engine—even at peak performance—when compared to the previous engine model.
Industrial, agricultural and construction applications such as: Pumps • Compressors • Chippers • Grinders • Asphalt paving equipment • Hydraulic power units • Bore rigs • Drill rigs • Tractors • Telehandlers •
Total Cost of Ownership
Owning and operating equipment is a big investment, so it only makes sense to get the most you can from it. Thanks to the chosen technologies of the Cat C3.6, owners can experience an overall savings in fluid.
Cat Dealer Product Support
Backed by a five-year warranty, the Cat C3.6 is also supported by Caterpillar's unmatched Dealer Support Network with over 171 locations in 192 countries across the world—so the expert assistance you need is always close by.
Safety on the job site matters. The Cat C3.6 is 3 decibles quieter output than the previous engine equivalent, meaning less noise from the engine and a more alert and attentive operator.
- Standard Equipment
- Control System
- Starter motor (12V or 24V)
- Alternator (12V or 24V)
- Electronic Control Unit (chassis mounted)
- Engine control sensors and robust wiring harness
- Data interface via CANbus J1939
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Flywheel housings – SAE 3 or SAE 4
- Choice of flywheel to match industry common hydraulic pumps and transmissions
- Side PTO with SAE A or SAE B interface
- Fuel System
- Fuel filter – preconnected but chassis mounted
- With water sensor
- Lube System
- Lubricating oil filters
- High incline oil pan – 35° continuous in all directions
- Cold start capability to -20° C (-4° F) with standard equipment
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V Aftertreatment/ Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- SCR Auxiliaries