Cat® C4.4 Industrial Power Unit
DESCRIPTIONThe C4.4 IPU engine is a common rail direct injection engine with either a single turbo or twin turbo chargecooled air system. It meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V andJapan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) emission standards. For ease of installation, the IPU provides full aftertreatment mounting, an integrated cooling system and inlet air filter mounted to the IPU.
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
Global manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system supplied installed on engine. Zero downtime due to regeneration.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
Superior dealer service network, Customer Support Agreements (CSA) and Cat® Extended Service Coverage (ESC).
Worldwide service delivers ease of maintenance and simplifies the servicing routine. Hydraulic tappets, multi-vee belts, service free DPF and 500-hour oil change intervals enable low-cost maintenance.
- Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet System
- Standard air cleaners
- Control System
- Full electronic control system, all connectors and wiring looms waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
- Flexible and configurable software features and well-supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Cooling System
- Top tank temperature 108° C (226° F) as standard to minimize cooling pack size
- 50:50 water glycol mix
- Guidance on cooling system design available through your dealer to ensure equipment reliability
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, including SAE No. 2 and SAE No. 3 configurations
- Fuel System
- Electronic high pressure common rail
- Innovative filter design to ensure maximum protection of the engine
- Lube System
- Wide choice of sumps for different applications
- Power Take Off
- SAE A and SAE B flanges on left-hand side. Additional SAE A flange available on left-hand side. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications. Factory fitted compressors are also available.
- Available with or without a balancer
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- U.S. EPA TIER 4 FINAL, EU STAGE V AFTERTREATMENT / CLEAN EMISSIONS CONTROL EQUIPMENT
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) / Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- No ash service requirement
- Passive regeneration