Cat® C9.3B Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat C9.3B combines a new high pressure common rail fuel system and advanced aftertreatment technology to produce 340 kW of power. With exceptional power density, the C9.3B allows for platform downsizing while maintaining reliability and durability. Our focus is locked on maximizing performance with simpler engine systems and reduced installation complexity through modular, flexible designs.
With a full list of configurable options and an engine-mounted aftertreatment, the Cat C9.3B is an easy-to-install option that offers the power of larger engine platforms in a smaller engine package.
Inlet throttle valve technology manages heat and in-cylinder dosing to create seamless DPF regeneration and a high-pressure common rail fuel system elimates the need for coolers, creating a simpler and lighter engine that's 18% more powerful than its predecessor engine—so operators get work done no matter when, no matter what.
Industrial, agricultural and construction applications such as: Pumps • Compressors • Chippers • Grinders • Asphalt paving equipment • Hydraulic power units • Bore rigs • Drill rigs • Tractors
Total Cost of Ownership
Between 500-hour oil service and 5000-hour DPF ash intervals and Caterpillar-patented design technology that enables the removal of EGRs, the need for parts and service keeps lifetime engine ownership costs down and ROI up. And because the Cat C9.3B uses the latest injector technology, owners can benefit from an overall fuel consumption reduction of up to 8% when compared to its predecessor engine.
Cat Dealer Product Support
Expert assistance is never far away with the Cat C9.3B. With an included warranty and product support through the expansive global Cat dealer network, worldwide service and maintenance is all part of the package. See your Cat dealer for details.
The Cat C9.3B is a finely tuned machine, running quieter and more efficiently than previous engines making it safer for job site operators who can stay focused on the task at hand.
- Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet System
- Air-to-Air Aftercooled
- Mid-mount turbocharged system with front and rear exhaust configurations
- Control System
- Electronic control system
- Over-foam wiring harness
- Automatic altitude compensation
- Power compensated for fuel temperature
- Configurable software features
- Engine monitoring system SAE J1939 broadcast and control
- Integrated Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Remote fan control
- Cooling System
- Vertical or RH thermostat outlet
- Centrifugal water pump
- Guidance on cooling system design available through your dealer to ensure equipment reliability
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Available SAE 1 power take-off with optional SAE A, SAE B, SAE C power take-off drives. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine with optional attachments. (Tier 4 Final, Proposed Stage V)
- Fuel System
- Electronic high pressure common rail
- Primary fuel filter
- Secondary and tertiary fuel filters
- Fuel transfer pump
- Electronic fuel priming
- Lube System
- Open crankcase ventilation system
- Oil cooler
- Oil filler
- Lube oil filter
- Oil dipstick
- Gear driven oil pump
- Choice of front, rear or center sumps
- Open crankcase ventilation system with fumes disposal (optional OCV filter system)
- Power Take Off (PTO)
- SAE A, SAE B or SAE C power take off (PTO) drives. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications.
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- Vibration damper
- Lifting eyes
- Tier 4 Final, Proposed Stage V Aftertreatment
- Clean Emissions Module (CEM) consisting of Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and high-efficiency Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Pump Electronic Control Unit (PETU)
- Available in 12V or 24V systems