CB8 Tandem Vibratory Roller
The CB8 Asphalt Compactor offers enhancements that simplify operation, provide versatility, and deliver excellent fuel economy. Rotary dials, and 360 seating make this compactor a perfect match for urban streets, highways, and other intermediate-type applications.
DESCRIPTIONThe CB8 Asphalt Compactor offers enhancements that simplify operation, provide versatility, and deliver excellent fuel economy. Rotary dials, and 360 degree seating make this compactor a perfect match for urban streets, highways, and other intermediate-type applications.
Pass Count and Temperature Mapping
Asphalt Compaction with Oscillation
Simple to Operate, Easy to Learn
- Large, full-color displays keep the operator informed of machine functions including water and fuel levels, impact spacing, and mat temperature.
- Innovative hand-wheel steering technology delivers precise control and good forward visibility.
- Easily activate the vibratory system, water spray system and drum offset with the multi-function propel handle.
- Machine functions with LED indicators have been independently grouped for simplified control and quick activation.
- Rotary dials with green light indicators provide a quick visual reference and fingertip feel for quick adjustment to speed control and water spray timers.
Better Fuel Economy
- Get up to 10% better fuel economy with the Cat C3.6 engine and standard Eco-mode.
- The C3.6 engine provides 74.4 kW (100 hp) of power and meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emissions.
- Unique Eco-mode design modifies engine speed based on load requirements; high amplitude vibration utilizes higher engine speeds, while static rolling conserves fuel and operates at low engine speed with even lower sound levels.
Work Safer with Enhanced Visibility
- Optional top down, 360 viewing utilizes cameras mounted in each corner of the ROPS for excellent work-zone visibility. This option utilizes a high-definition display mounted to a swivel on the upper left side of the ROPS.
- Optional fore and aft cameras mounted in the front and rear bumpers provide outstanding visibility when approaching obstacles. The camera view is integrated into the main operating display.
- Optimize sight lines with 360 seating option; always face the direction of travel.
- LED Lighting delivers excellent job site illumination while conserving energy.
- Night-lighting option provides additional illumination to the ROPS, drum edges, and drum surfaces.
Easy Vibratory System Set-up
- Two-amplitude/two-frequency vibratory system automatically optimizes amplitude and frequency with a single switch for simple thin/thick lift operation.
- Reach compaction goals with automatic speed control; green indicators help ensure travel speed matches correct impact spacing.
- Built-in application profiles for thin lift or thick lift applications can be quickly activated through the operating display.
- Single touch vibratory system profiles for frequency and speed help ensure optimal impact spacing.
Ensure Mat Coverage with Compaction Control
- Pass-count and Temperature Mapping combines infrared temperature sensors with GPS mapping to keep the operator informed of current asphalt temperatures, machine position, pass-count, and layer coverage.
- Compaction Meter Value (CMV) utilizes a drum-mounted accelerometer to measure the combined stiffness of the asphalt layer, base layer, and sub-base layer to indicate road structure quality beneath the surface.
- Machine to Machine communication helps keep rolling patterns in sync by sharing mapped data such as CMV, temperature mapping, and pass count coverage between multiple machines.
Prevent Build-Up, Keep the Drum Surfaces Wet
- High capacity water tank provides long duration between fills
- Dual water pumps provide back-up capability and alternate with direction of travel to maximize service life.
- Triple filtration prevents clogs with filters located at the fill point, water pumps, and spray nozzles.
- Simple rotary dial provides adjustable spray settings and intermittent modes that help conserve water.
- Integrated freeze protection kit (optional) provides protection in cold temperatures when machine is not in use.
- Make timely, fact-based decisions to maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower owning and operating costs.
- Easily track location, machine hours, fuel usage, and idle time.
- Diagnostic codes are made available through online web applications.
- Remote flash works around your schedule to ensure your machine’s software is up to date for optimal performance
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Operating Environment
- 180° seat positioning w/ sliding station
- Adjustable armrests
- Platform ROPS/FOPS
- Propel lever w/ 4-button control
- Steering wheel - fixed position, left side
- Suspension seat - no heat
- Seatbelt - 76 mm (3 in) high visibility
- Full-color display with touchscreen operation
- Vandalism protection
- Product Link™ PLE743
- Remote flash
- Remote troubleshooting
- C3.6 4-cylinder
- Electrical System
- 150 amp alternator
- 12-volt charging system
- Automotive-type fuse system
- Batteries - maintenance free
- Cat® Electronic Technician (Cat ET)
- Remote start / charge receptacle
- Vibratory System
- Two amplitude/two frequency - both drums
- Service and Maintenance
- Maintenance-free hitch
- 3 year/3000 hour conventional vibratory system service interval
- 2 year/2000 hour oscillatory vibration system service interval
- Grouped filters with ground level access
- Remote access drains
- Sampling ports for Scheduled Oil Sampling (S•O•S℠)
- Sight gauges - engine coolant and hydraulic oil
- Alarm, back up
- Horn, warning (front and rear)
- LED working lights
- Warning, LED safety beacons
- Steps, front drum fuel refill
- Operating Environment
- 360° seat positioning w/sliding station
- Steering wheel - elevated position, left side
- Suspension seat - with heat
- Seat headrest
- Infrared asphalt temperature sensors
- CMV accelerometer - front drum
- GNSS Mapping - temperature and passcount
- Machine to machine communications
- Product Link PLE783
- Hitch - offset
- Hydraulic oil - biodegradeable
- Vibratory System
- Mats - cocoa
- Mats - water distribution
- Freeze protection - water spray system
- Cameras - 360° viewing ROPS mounted
- Cameras - front and rear bumper mounted
- LED working lights w/ turn signal
- LED auxiliary lighting - 1000/2000 lumin
- Mirror package
- Steps, rear drum water spray refill