CS56B Vibratory Soil Compactor
Powered by the 117 kW (156.9 hp) Cat C4.4 engine, the CS56B provides exceptional performance for granular soil compaction applications.
DESCRIPTIONThe CS56B provides exceptional performance for granular soil compaction applications.
Comfortable and Ergonomic Operator Station
- Features pivoting seat with integrated multifunction LCD display and control console
- Outstanding visibility to the front and rear of machine
- Low sound levels and vibration for greater operator comfort and productivity
Rear Vision Camera
- The rear vision camera enhances visibility for more complete operator control and safety.
Exceptional Propel System
- Built around the exclusive Cat dual pump propel system, two pumps provide separate dedicated flow to drum drive motor and rear axle motor for exceptional gradeability and traction in forward and reverse.
- Electronic propel control provides more precise machine control.
Virtually Maintenance Free
- Maintenance-free hitch bearings.
- Extended maintenance intervals for vibratory system and hydraulic system, providing more uptime and lower maintenance costs.
Enhanced Compaction Performance
- More weight at the drum and greater amplitude.
- Automated speed control and vibratory system functions make it easy to ensure consistent, high quality compaction.
Technologies that Enhance Quality and Productivity
- Exclusive semi-autonomous Command for Compaction technology automates compaction to offer complete process control and help promote more uniform results.
- Measurement and documentation technologies help the operator determine when compaction has been completed to specification for greater productivity and uniform compaction quality.
- Accelerometer-based (CMV) and exclusive Machine Drive Power (MDP) measurement technologies available.
- The Cat® C4.4 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto engine idle shutdown helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- A well-trained operator is worth the investment. Skilled operators benefit your bottom line by maximizing productivity, avoiding costly downtime, and maintaining jobsite safety – which can help to improve fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but can decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine. The hydraulic oil can be replaced every 3000 hours, eccentric housing oil can be replaced every 3000 hours, and engine oil changes can be 500 hours.
- Performance and safety can be augmented with standard and optional cameras that are viewed on in-cab displays.
- Cat Compact technologies help you consistently meet compaction targets faster, more uniformly, and in fewer passes - saving on fuel and reducing rework and material costs.
- Cat Scheduled Oil Sampling (S•O•S℠) Services helps reveal excessive wear, contaminated fluids or other “unseen” issues that can shorten component life. In many cases, you can extend oil and coolant change intervals by using fluid monitoring. Consult your Cat dealer or the machine's operation and maintenance manual for more information.
- Remote Flash for engines helps to minimize downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- ROPS/FOPS Canopy with Handrails, Floor Mat, Internal Rear View Mirror, Exterior Rear View Mirrors
- Vinyl Adjustable Seat with Integrated Console and LCD Display with Lockable Vandalism Guard
- Adjustable Tilting Steering Column with Integrated Cup Holders
- Rear Vision Camera System
- Seat Belt
- 12-volt Power Outlet
- Horn, Backup Alarm
- VIBRATORY SYSTEM
- Smooth Drum
- Dual Amplitude, Single Frequency
- Pod-Style Eccentric Weight Housings
- Auto-vibe Function
- Front Adjustable Steel Scraper
- Universal Bumper
- POWER TRAIN
- Cat C4.4B Engine
- Air Cleaner, Dual Element
- Two-Speed Throttle Switch, Eco-mode and Automatic Speed Control
- Dual Propel Pumps; One for Drum Drive, One for Rear Axle
- Fuel Filter, Water Separator, Priming Pump, Water Indicator
- Tilting Radiator/Hydraulic Oil Cooler
- Dual Braking System
- Two-speed Hydrostatic Transmission
- 24 volt Electrical System
- 100 ampere Alternator
- 750 Cold-cranking Amps Battery Capacity
- Product Link™
- Sight Gauges for Hydraulic Oil Level and Radiator Coolant Level
- S•O•S℠ Sampling Valves: Engine Oil, Hydraulic Oil and Coolant
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- ROPS/FOPS Cab with Climate Control
- Sun Visor
- VIBRATORY SYSTEM
- Padfoot Shell Kit (oval or square pads available)
- Leveling Blade
- Variable Frequency
- Dual Adjustable Steel Scrapers
- Scraper Shell Kit Ready
- Recording Module for Vibration Frequency
- POWER TRAIN
- Transmission Guard
- Bio-oil Factory Fill
- TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
- Measure - Compaction Meter Value (CMV)
- Map - SBAS GNSS Mapping
- Connect - Cloud and Machine Connectivity
- Cat® Command for Compaction
- Upgraded Halogen Light Package
- Amber Rotating Beacon