6020B Hydraulic Shovel
DESCRIPTIONWhen we invited our customers to help us design the first of our “Next Generation” Cat® hydraulic shovels, they gave us three top priorities: Make it safe, keep it simple and make it reliable. We responded by developing the Cat 6020B, which delivers the simplicity and versatility you desire, with valuable modern design features that set it apart from the competition.
The 6020B offers class-leading visibility and a cab designed for comfort, safety and efficiency. A walk-through and exchangeable power module contributes to easier serviceability. The 6020B is 25% more fuel efficient than other shovels in its class, delivering efficiency and cost advantages. And the proven C32 engine meets emission standards without the need for DEF, saving time and cost during maintenance.
Cat® 6020B: Simple & Safe Field Assembly
- Operator Protective Guard (Top Guard) certified cab with safety glass windshield.
- Excellent visibility thanks to cab position that provides clear view to the digging and loading areas, in-floor window that provides a view to the tracks, LED lighting, and optional camera monitoring system.
- Multiple emergency shut-off switches, including a pull switch accessible from the ground.
- Safer access and egress with wide anti-slip walkways, retractable 45-degree stairway and three means of egress for fast emergency exit.
- Safer service with lockable battery isolation and starter lockout switch, plus safe access to power module components from machine platform and counterweight.
- Quiet and fully pressurized cab with ergonomic operator seat and controls, superior insulation, extensive in-cab air distribution via powerful HVAC unit and multiple, optimally positioned vents.
- Easily accessible ergonomic joysticks with Electronic-Hydraulic Servo Control, which delivers dynamic and precise response and ensures no hydraulic lines are present in the cab.
- Greater controllability with ergonomic joystick controls and five circuit hydraulics that allow for two-cylinder motions, two travel motions, and swing to be controlled simultaneously.
- Enhanced training capability, with patented 3-seat design, elevated observer’s work station and easily dual in-cab emergency stop buttons.
- 10-inch high-definition color touchscreen display that includes troubleshooting aids and machine documentation.
RELIABILITY & DURABILITY
- Better wear of undercarriage components thanks to floating push tube, which delivers even idler slide wear and extended component life; low wear drive system via induction hardened and high quantity of sprocket teeth; and optional rough terrain undercarriage protection kit.
- Cat exclusive Positive Pin Retention 2 (PPR2) Track design, which resists pin walking and link cracking for reliable sealing and maximum track life.
- Structures designed and fabricated to withstand the toughest digging conditions, with high-strength steel; full penetration, profiled and ground welds at critical junctures; and booms and sticks that are stress-relieved after welding.
- Efficient Independent Oil Cooling system, which protects and extends the life of hydraulic components.
PRODUCTIVITY & PERFORMANCE
- Up to 25% greater efficiency through Hydraulic Optimization, which dynamically assigns individual pumps or groups of pumps to deliver the exact flow and pressure that each hydraulic function requires.
- Durable Cat C32 engine, which offers unsurpassed performance, high power output and proven reliability, and has been proven to withstand the challenging conditions found at mine sites across the globe.
- Engine optimized for low fuel consumption at 1,800 rpm and lower speeds, plus significant gains in fuel consumption through collaboration of engine and machine integration.
- Maximum uptime, without work interruption for regeneration, engine derate, or cold weather treatment of secondary fluid.
BUCKETS & GET
- Buckets and ground engaging tools (GET) designed to maximize durability and productivity and ideally matched to your shovel and application.
- Integrated to work as part of a machine system — helping you achieve high productivity and the lowest cost per ton.
- Variety of sizes and wear packages for the ideal match to your shovel and application.
- Four tip shapes of hammerless GET designed specifically for the 6020B, with no special tools required for removal and installation.
- Wear packages that protect your investment, including special liner material and lip shrouds, wing shrouds and heel shrouds.
CONNECTIVITY & TECHNOLOGY
- Greater connectivity with improved Product Link™ Elite system, which increases the availability of data provided by the 6020B and allows it to collect and transmit information into locally hosted or cloud-hosted applications such as Cat MineStar™ Solutions Health Office, Health Equipment Insights, or Equipment Care Advisor.
- Earliest possible detection of faults, with Board Control System that uses sensors throughout the machine to monitor operating data, record faults, and notify the operator audibly and visually.
- Factory-ready for Cat MineStar™ Solutions, with a range of capabilities that meet the needs of your fleet.
- Modular design that facilitates quick field assembly — as few as 14 days in typical condition.
- Exchangeable power module that can be quickly swapped out for a spare, then transported for repair in a safe, convenient and clean environment.
- Exceptional component accessibility and weather protection via first-in-class and spacious walk-through power module.
- Superior swing system component accessibility via boom-mounted hydraulic valve block, and ground-level accessible service fluid fill points and jump start receptacle.
- Simplified undercarriage serviceability, with automatic track tensioning system, which requires no manual adjustment; externally serviceable break; and PPR2 Tracks that are easily serviced with a master joint.
- Highly regulated C32 engine certified to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage V emissions standards without the need for DEF — saving time and cost during maintenance.
- Sound-suppressed power module to keep spectator sound levels low.
- Preservation of raw materials, energy conservation and reduced emissions through the Cat Reman and Cat Rebuild programs, which return end-of-life components to like-new condition.
- Optional Equipment
- Cold-weather package
- Lube fast fill port
- Redundant HVAC system
- Camera system
- Cat MineStar Health ready
- Rough terrain undercarriage protection kit including belly plate and rear plumbing guard
- Dirt scraper on swivel connection
- Track pad width 1000 mm (3 ft 3 in)
- LED work lights on boom
- Additional buckets available, based on application, through your local Cat dealer
– 2 for rear end
Hydraulic Oil Cooling
Automatic Lubrication System
– Lip shrouds
– Wing shrouds
– Heel shrouds
Operating Weights - Backhoe
Hydraulic System with Electronic Pump Management
Centralized Service Area
– Engine coolant
– Pump transmission gear oil
– Engine oil (oil pan)
– Hydraulic oil