AD45 Underground Articulated Truck
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® AD45 Underground Truck delivers all the power, performance and reliability you expect from the AD45 — but the latest model also offers an an advanced EU Stage V compliant engine and aftertreatment solution that meets the strictest emissions standards, lowers your carbon footprint and improves air quality in your mine. In addition, a retrofit solution is available that allows you to retrofit the previous model, the AD45B, to meet the same strict standards. This ultra-clean diesel machine delivers superior productivity thanks to its ideal match with the next generation Cat R1700 underground loader and is technology-enhanced with features that improve productivity, boost uptime and keep operators and personnel safer on the job.The Cat® AD45 Underground Truck delivers all the power, performance and reliability you expect from the AD45 — but the latest model also offers an an advanced EU Stage V compliant engine and aftertreatment solution that meets the strictest emissions standards, lowers your carbon footprint and improves air quality in your mine. In addition, a retrofit solution is available that allows you to retrofit the previous model, the AD45B, to meet the same strict standards. This ultra-clean diesel machine delivers superior productivity thanks to its ideal match with the next generation Cat R1700 underground loader and is technology-enhanced with features that improve productivity, boost uptime and keep operators and personnel safer on the job.
- Standard Operator Present System, which protects the machine and operator from uncontrolled machine movements, with hydraulic system neutralization and door sensor.
- Optional reverse and cab loading cameras, plus additional camera mounted on the right-hand side to enhance visibility for the EU Stage V model.
- Safer access and egress with anti-skid upper deck surfaces, upper deck handrails and 3-point cabin and machine access.
- Four corner oil-cooled braking system that provides excellent control, with service brake system actuated by hydraulic pressure and parking brake function that is spring applied and hydraulic released to ensure braking in the event of loss of hydraulic failure.
- Safer service with service with steering frame lock, body retaining pins, exhaust heat shielding and firewall fitted, hitch hydraulic hoses fitted with burst protection sleeves, tailgate retaining pins (ejector body), and hot and cold side of engine.
OPERATOR COMFORT & CONTROL
- Controls, levers, switches and gauges positioned to maximize productivity and minimize fatigue.
- Optional sound-suppressed ROPS cab for a quiet, secure and comfortable air-conditioned working environment with fresh, pressurized, temperature-controlled air circulation.
- Ergonomic, fully adjustable suspension seat with thick cushions that reduce pressure on lower back and thighs and wide, retractable seat belts that provide a secure, comfortable restraint.
- Comfort wheel with tilt steering that provides a comfortable driving position, secure grip and greater control.
- Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) and Falling Objects Protective Structure (FOPS) resiliently mounted to the mainframe to isolate the operator from vibration for a more comfortable ride.
PRODUCTIVITY & PERFORMANCE
- Truck Payload Measurement System, which automatically records load cycle information when the load is dumped, giving operators real-time loading data and sorting it for download.
- Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) electronically controls retarding on grade, allowing the operator to maintain optimum engine speeds for faster downhill hauls and greater productivity.
- Single-stage hoist cylinders that provide fast dump cycle times of 16 seconds for raise and 21 seconds for lower.
POWER & EFFICIENCY
- Cat C18 engine, which provides efficient fuel management for quick response, high productivity and exceptional service life.
- Torque rise that effectively matches transmission shift points for maximum efficiency and fast cycle times.
- Lockup Torque Converter combines maximum rimpull while in torque converter drive with the efficiency and performance of direct drive when the lockup clutch is engaged.
- Mechanically Actuated, Electronic Unit Injection (MEUI™) high-pressure, direct injection fuel system, which electronically monitors operator demands and sensor inputs to optimize engine performance and fuel combustion.
- Cat seven-speed planetary power shift transmission matched with the direct-injection Cat C18 engine to deliver constant power over a wide range of operating speeds.
- Cat truck bodies designed for optimal strength, capacity and durability.
- Designed and matched with the integrated chassis system for optimum structural reliability, durability and long life.
- Two Cat body styles, dump body and ejector body, for the most efficient hauling solution at the lowest cost per ton.
- Greater versatility with ejector body that can be easily removed and a dump body fitted.
RELIABILITY & DURABILITY
- Box-section frame design with stiff frame beams to resist twisting forces; weld joint and materials matched to optimize structural life.
- Full floating axles that relieve internal stresses and increase durability, plus rolled splines that provide increased service life.
- Two independent variable rebound suspension cylinders that dissipate haul road forces for longer frame life and a comfortable ride.
- Proven planetary power shift transmission built for long life between overhauls.
- Frame, powertrain, engine and components that are built to be rebuilt, delivering second and third lives.
- Ground-level access to all tanks, filters, lubrication points and compartment drains; remote mounted fuel filters for easier serviceability; and fluid-level sight gauges.
- Radial seal air filters that are easy to change, reducing time required for air filter maintenance.
- Electrical connectors that are sealed to lock out dust and moisture, harnesses that are covered for protection, and wires that are color- and number-coded for easy diagnosis and repair.
- Cat Electronic Technician (ET), which enables quick electronic diagnosis of machine performance and key diagnostic data for effective maintenance and repairs.
- Cat Electronic Monitoring System (EMS), which provides continuous access to critical machine data to keep the machine performing at a high level.
- Smoother shifts and longer component life with Controlled Throttle Shifting, which regulates engine RPM, torque converter lock-up and transmission clutch engagement.
- Reduced fuel consumption, decreased noise levels and potential for longer engine life with Economy Shift Mode.
- Machine damage prevented by directional shift management, which regulates engine speed to avoid high-speed directional changes; and body-up shift inhibitor, which prevents the transmission from shifting above a pre-programmed gear without the body fully lowered.
- Overspeed protection provided by Automatic Retarder Control, which engages the brakes if an unsafe engine speed is reached when the throttle is being depressed by the operator.
- Engine with EU Stage V emissions package for mines that require compliance with highest emission standards to drive down diesel particulate matter and NOx emission to near-zero while improving overall air quality and maintaining a high machine performance; also available with EU Stage IIIA /U.S. EPA Tier 3 engine.
- Optional Ventilation Reduction (VR) Package, which incorporates selective engine hardware and software to reduce diesel particulate matter in the engine exhaust and deliver a significant ventilation rate reduction, a decrease in fuel consumption, and maintained or improved product performance.
- Cat Diesel Particulate Filter, which complements the VR engine by further reducing particulate matter in the exhaust.
- Ongoing research and development into engine compatibility with diesel fuel blended with lower-carbon intensity fuels such as biofuels and renewable fuels, plus power options like electrification.
- Cat Rebuild and Cat Reman programs, which preserve raw materials, conserve energy and reduce emissions, plus retrofits and upgrades for older machines to incorporate efficiency improvements and emission reductions.
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- 12V power supply in cab
- Alternator, 95-amp
- Auxiliary start receptacle
- Battery disconnect switch, ground level
- Circuit breaker, 80-amp
- Corrosive protection spray
- Diagnostic connector
- Electric starting, 24V
- Engine shutdown switch, ground level
– Front left hand side
– Headlights with dimmer switch, LED
– Brake and tail lights
– Rear work light (cab mounted), LED
– Reversing lights, LED
- Low maintenance batteries
- Reversing alarm
- Starting and charging system
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Cat Electronic Monitoring System (Cat EMS)
- Electric horns
– Engine coolant temperature
– Transmission coolant temperature
– Hydraulic oil temperature
– Fuel level
- Indicator lights
– Alert warning light
– Body up position warning
– High beam
– Residual brake pressure warning
– Retarder application
– Turn signal
- Low hydraulic level warning
- Open operator station ROPS/FOPS structure
- Operator presence system (auto park brake)
- Rearview mirrors
- Suspension seat Cat Comfort TLV2 with retractable seat belt
- Trainer/passenger seat and seat belt
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Turn signal indicators
- POWER TRAIN
- Cat C18 ATAAC diesel engine, 6-cylinder
- Automatic brake retarder control
- Auto shift transmission 7 speed forward/2 speed reverse
- Control throttle shifting
- Engine air intake precleaner
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Exhaust, turbo compartment shielding
- Four wheel drive
- Long life coolant
- Programmable ground speed limiting
- Programmable gear block out with tray up
- Radiator cap manual release
- Radiator, cross flow
- SAFR™ full hydraulic enclosed wet, multiple-disc brakes, oil cooled
- Torque converter, standard with automatic lockup
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Body, dump, (21.3 m³, 27.9 yd³)
- Catalytic exhaust purifier/muffler group
- Centralized lubrication points
- Decals, international picto graphics
- Dual fuel tanks
- Engine and transmission belly guards
- Fenders, front, rear flaps
- Fire wall
- Fuel system manual shut off tap
- Front axle suspension
- Frame lifting lugs
- Front and rear tow pin
- Front rubber bumpers
- Gauges, brake pressure
- Hand hold (access on/off top deck)
- Hitch, articulated and oscillated
- Operation and Maintenance Manual – English and other applicable local languages to select
- S·O·S port
– Engine oil
– Hydraulic oil
– Transmission oil
- Swing out radiator grill
- Tires and rims: A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section of the machine price list. Base machine price includes a standard tubeless rim allowance only.
- OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Battery shutdown
– Ground level isolation, in cab isolation switch
– Ground level isolation, engine shutdown switch
– Ground level isolation, in cab isolation, engine shutdown switch
- Body dump
– Body (18.0 m³, 23.5 yd³)
– Body (25.1 m³, 32.8 yd³)
- Body ejector
– Ejector (22.9 m³, 30.0 yd³)
- Body liners, impact and/or wear
– 10 mm (0.4"), body, dump (18.0 m³, 23.5 yd³)
– 10 mm (0.4"), body, dump (21.3 m³, 27.9 yd³)
– 10 mm (0.4"), body, dump (25.1 m³, 32.8 yd³)
– 10 mm (0.4"), body, ejector (22.9 m³, 30.0 yd³)
- Body wear plate, external
– 16 mm (0.62"), body, dump (18.0 m³, 23.5 yd³)
– 16 mm (0.62"), body, dump (21.3 m³, 27.9 yd³)
– 16 mm (0.62"), body, dump (25.1 m³, 32.8 yd³)
– Color rear facing
– Color loading
- Cover, anti vandalism for shipping
- Engine options
– Engine, Stage V
– Engine, Ventilation Reduction (VR)
– Equivalent to Tier 3
– After-treatment options (for use with VR Engine only)
- DPF (Flow Through) Filter
- Fast fill system
– Engine oil
– Fuel (dual tanks)
– Hydraulic oil
– Transmission oil
- Fire suppression system
– Ansul, wet
– Arctic fuel
– Arctic coolant
- Handrail Extension
- Lubrication system
– Automatic, dump or ejector body
– Centralized, ejector body
- Mine transfer
– Mine transfer ready front frame (tack welded)
– Mine transfer ready dump body (tack welded)
– Mine transfer ready ejector body (tack welded)
- Operators station ROPS/FOPS enclosed
– Air conditioning
– Cab pressurizer and filter
– Dome light
– Radio ready compartment for radio and speakers
– Sun visor
– Window, sliding cab door
- Park brake switch engagement
– Push to apply
– Pull to apply
– Truck Payload Measurement System (TPMS)
- Reflective tape
– Rim identification numbering
– Spare, tubeless
– Suspension seat Cat Comfort TLV2, vinyl
– Suspension seat tee, mechanical
- Seat cover
– Tee and Cat Comfort TLV2
– Seat cover, companion
- Secondary steering system
- Service tools
– Collet jacking bolts, dump or ejector
– Diagnostics box
– Hoist cylinder supports (for body removal)
– Brake wear gauge
– Reference parts manual for additional tooling available
– Engine shutdown, fire suppression activation
– Idle timer
– Engine shutdown, fire suppression activation/idle timer
– Product Link Elite (PLE) system
- Tire arrangements
– Tire, 29.5 × R29 VSNT Bridgestone
– Tire, 29.5 × R29 VSDL Bridgestone
- Torque converter, high altitude, 3000 m (9,842 ft) and up
- NOTE: Not all features are available in all regions. See your Cat dealer for more information.
- Battery shutdown