Cat® C1.5 Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONCat® C1.5 Industrial Diesel Engines deliver impressive performance throughout a wide speed range with exceptional power density. Their ultra-compact package size and extensive choice of options ensures these engines are ideal for a wide range of small, off road applications. Single-side servicing improves ease of maintenance and lowers overall owner operating costs.The Cat® C1.5 Industrial Diesel Engine is offered in rating 18.4 bkW (24.7 bhp) @ 1800 rpm and meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards. Industries and applications powered by C1.5 engines include: Aircraft Ground Support, Auxiliary Power Units, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers and Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Construction, Forestry, General Industrial, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Light Towers, Pumps, Trenchers, Turf and Landscaping, Underground Mining Equipment and Welders.Industrial Power
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Substantial torque rise delivers impressive performance throughout a wide speed range while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Ultra-compact package size ensures ease of installation as well as exceptional power density.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Cutsomer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet System
- Inlet manifold with choice of inlets.
- Control System
- Alternator 12 volt 65 amp
- Starter motor 12 volt
- Glow plug starting aid
- Tier 4 Final: Alternator 12V 85 amp
- Cooling System
- Belt-driven coolant pump
- Coolant temperature switch
- Choice of cooling fans
- Flywheel & Flywheel Housing
- Naturally Aspirated: SAE No. 7 1/2 flywheel
- Naturally Aspirated: Choice of SAE No. 4 or standard backplate flywheel housing
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection pump
- Spin-on fuel filter
- Electronic Shut-off Solenoid (ESOS)
- Lube System
- Alternative oil fillers
- Spin-on lube oil filter
- Lube oil pressure switch
- Lube oil sump
- Power Take Off (PTO)
- Provision for Power Take Off (PTO)
- Cast iron, engine block
- Cast iron exhaust manifold--side outlet
- Cold start capability to -20° C (-4° F)
- Gradeability 35° continuous