Cat® C2.8 Diesel Engine
DESCRIPTIONThe Cat® C2.8 Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 55 bkW (74 bhp) @ 2500 rpm. The C2.8 is designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications, including agricultural tractors, aerial lifts, aircraft ground support, bore/drill rigs, chippers/grinders, compactors/rollers, compressors, forestry, irrigation equipment, material handling, mining, earthmoving equipment, paving equipment, pumps, fruit harvesters equipment, turf and underground mining equipment.
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven technologies and extensive field validation assure reliability and durability in tough nonroad applications.
Leading edge fuel systems and turbocharging provide high torque even at lower engine speeds.
Fuel consumption optimized to match the measured operating cycles of a wide range of equipment types.
Fuel & Oil
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IIIB, Stage IV or proposed Stage V engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 10 ppm sulfur (EU) and 15 ppm sulfur (U.S.), and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application Range
Industry-leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
- Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet System
- Induction manifolds
- Exhaust manifolds
- Engine-mounted aftertreatment
- Control System
- Starter motor (12V)
- Alternator (12V)
- Electronic Control Unit (chassis mounted)
- Engine control sensors and robust wiring harness
- Data interface via CANbus J1939
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Flywheel housings – SAE 3 or SAE 4
- Choice of flywheel to match industry common hydraulic pumps and transmissions
- Side PTO with SAE A or SAE B interface
- Fuel System
- Fuel filter – preconnected but chassis mounted
- With water sensor
- Lube System
- Lubricating oil filters
- High incline oil pan – 35° continuous in all directions
- Cold start capability to -20° C (-4° F) with standard equipment
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, proposed EU Stage V Aftertreatment/ Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) (Tier 4 Final and Stage V)
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) (Stage V)