Cat Grade with 3D for Excavators
Cat Grade with 3D for Excavators
Cat Grade with 3D for excavators helps grade complex designs using satellite positioning guidance for accuracy across large jobsites and multiple machines.
DESCRIPTIONGrade with 3D adds GNSS technology and RTK positioning guidance to simplify the grading process of complex designs often found on large infrastructure and commercial projects.
Cat® Grade with 3D for Excavators
Customer benefits of the Next Gen Excavator with Cat® 3D Grade
Cat® Next Generation Excavator Operator Training: Grade with 3D
Cat Trial 9: PAC-MAN™ Behind-the-Scenes: Build
EASILY GRADE COMPLEX DESIGNS
- Upgrade to Grade with 3D and grade complex designs on multiple machines across a jobsite using real-time satellite positioning guidance.
- GNSS receivers on the excavator and Real Time Kinematic (RTK) positioning provide the accuracy needed to grade three dimensional designs.
- An additional high-resolution touchscreen monitor enables operators to easily view, input, and edit grade plans from the operator’s seat.
- Grade with 3D is compatible with radios and base stations from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica.
- Cat Grade Connectivity for 3D is a subscription service that uses cellular networks for positioning accuracy, replacing base stations - see Upgrade Your Capabilities for details.
- Grade with 3D is available from the factory* or can be quickly added as an upgrade to Cat Grade with 2D.
* Cat Grade availability may vary by region and model. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
INCREASE OPERATOR EFFICIENCY
- Reduce passes and speed time to complete cuts.
- Easy-to-use controls and the ability to quickly adjust depth and grade while keeping your hands on the joysticks allows you to make accurate cuts faster.
- Enhance accuracy and productivity when using the in-cab display that indicates bucket position and depth-to-grade.
- Use height and depth audio alerts to indicate when the desired grade has been reached to protect from over or undercutting.
- Cat Grade technology improves quality and consistency for operators at all experience levels.
- Works with Grade with Assist, adding semi-autonomous digging capability and simple-to-use single-lever digging to boost operator efficiency.
SIMPLE TO USE
- Grade with 3D and the excavator work together as one integrated system using on-board processors and sensors.
- Integrated components are protected from damage, ensuring long life.
- Select your desired target depth and target slope and the system will give you real-time guidance on depth, slope, and horizontal distance to grade, with height and depth alerts that indicate target grade or obstacles.
- Easily adjust target depth and slope with joystick commands, the touchscreen interface, or the jog dial.
- Start digging and simply check grade from inside the cab.
- The optional laser catcher with laser transmitter compatibility allows the excavator to move - bench once, reference the laser, and continue digging to grade across the jobsite.
PRODUCTIVITY WITH TECHNOLOGY
- Grade with3D works with Grade with Assist for excavators to automate boom and stick movements for more accurate cuts with less effort - increasing operator efficiency.
- Types of automated assistance available:
- Grade Assist – Takes over boom and bucket functions to maintain desired depth and slope. The operator sets the target grade and controls stick speed with one hand.
- Bucket Assist – Maintains bucket angle and keeps the cut accurate in sloping, leveling, fine grading and trenching applications.
- Boom Assist – Automatically raises the boom to keep the excavator from lifting off the ground when digging, lifting or rotating under load.
- Swing Assist – Automatically stops excavator swing at defined points when truck loading and trenching, reducing fuel usage and improving cycle times.
- Tilt Assist – Takes over bucket angle movements to automatically maintain the desired slope.
LOWER COSTS AND IMPROVE SAFETY
- Minimize costs by reaching target grade quickly and save costs associated with time, labor, fuel, and material consumption.
- Integrated components that are protected from damage ensure long life, reliable control, and cost-saving results.
- Work confidently without guesswork while cutting and filling to exact specifications without under or overcutting.
- Receive height and depth alerts when working near obstacles that could damage your excavator and cost you money - E-fence.
- Work safer with fewer ground personnel checking grade in the trench or around your excavator.
- Reduce operator fatigue by utilizing semi-autonomous digging - Grade with Assist.
UPGRADE YOUR CAPABILITIES
- Cat Grade Connectivity* is an upgrade subscription for Cat Grade with 3D that effectively eliminates the need for additional base stations on any job site within a cellular network.
- A Grade Connectivity subscription adds internet access via cellular connectivity to individual machines for easy connection to Virtual Reference Station (VRS) networks for correction services.
* Cat Grade Connectivity is available in select countries and optimal for use in areas with cellular coverage. Additional base stations may be required for areas with low coverage. Consult your Cat dealer for more information.
SEE HOW Cat Grade with 3D for Excavators COMPARES AGAINST FREQUENTLY COMPARED PRODUCTS.