The new Cat ® 966M and 972M Series Wheel Loaders feature the XE Advanced Powertrain, a powerful Tier 4 engine that reduces the carbon footprint while drastically improving reliability and productivity and efficiency on the jobsite.
Improved Productivity and Fuel Efficiency
- XE Advanced Powertrain reduces fuel consumption by and average of 25 percent compared to machines equipped with traditional torque converters. Its two-pedal design provides high performance at any level.
- The improved powertrains in the Cat 966M and 972M Wheel Loaders are second in class to 966M XE and 972
- Disc-type differential locks improve traction when jobsite conditions are poor.
- The new easily accessible external caliper disk parking brakes have lower maintenance costs and an increased load capacity than the previous drum brakes.
- Full flow kidney-loop filtration protects the hydraulic system components on the 966M, 966M XE, 972M and 972M XE.
- Hydraulic implement pumps continuously and automatically balance hydraulic loads.
- Improved engine response time when operating at higher altitudes.
Operator Safety and Efficiency
- Cab door can be unlatched remotely with newly installed switch.
- Grab handles have been repositioned and sound levels have been dramatically reduced for enhanced safety
- Improved visibility with the repositioned, lower glass panels.
- The new multipurpose color touch screen display improves efficiency with its simple interface, rearview camera, and new fully integrated Cat Production Measurement system.
- Operators and managers can access machine operating data with the new Cat Connect Solutions.
Read the full press release.