Cat Command for Dozing in Mining
Cat command for Dozing in Mining
DESCRIPTIONCat® MineStar™ Command for dozing improves safety and efficiency by taking operators off their machines and letting them work from either nearby or remote locations. Whether you choose the over-the-shoulder remote control console or the remote operator station, your operators can have full control of the dozer without being exposed to dust, noise, vibration or other hazards. With semi-autonomous dozing, a single operator can manage up to four machines from a remote location — boosting productivity and safety Deep integration with Cat machine systems enables smooth, precise control for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Reduces operator safety risks in the event of a high wall collapse, machine roll-over or fall.
- Decreases potential for injury from slips, trips and falls when climbing on and off machine.
- Removes operator from exposure to full body vibration.
- Activates machine shutdown when a loss of communication between the console and machine is detected, or if the operator console is tipped too far, which may indicate that the operator has fallen.
- Stops machine movement when there has been breaching of an avoidance zone; stopping results in the application of the parking brake and the implementation of a lockout.
- Gives sites the opportunity to start with over-the-shoulder operator console, then advance to the remote station, which enables both line-of-sight and non-line-of-sight operation.
- Allows sites to leverage their investment in the remote station to launch a full teleremote solution, with one operator controlling multiple dozers.
- Features technology enablers that are designed as building blocks to grow and evolve with sites at their rate: ABA and Autocarry, MineStar Terrain guidance, Terrain Blade Control, teleremote and semi-autonomous system.
- Is able to operate more hours in a shift than a staffed dozer through elimination of idle time such as shift change, meal/bathroom breaks, etc.
- Enables continued use of machine without putting operators at risk.
- Allows production to continue immediately following blasting operations.
- Reduces operator fatigue and drives consistent productivity through the shift.
- Enables steeper work angles to drive increased volumes.
- Makes it possible for one operator to control multiple dozers.
- Enables quick system response through comprehensive machine integration of the electronic and hydraulic systems.
- Provides operator complete control with access to advanced features such as Autocarry, Automatic Ripper Control and Auto Blade Assist.
- Delivers more consistent dozing, improves equipment utilization and increases shift-long operator efficiency.
- Integrates with Cat machine electronic control systems, saving installation time and speeding machine response time compared to aftermarket systems.
- Is designed as part of Cat MineStar, a system that is used and supported around the world on thousands of machines.
- Provides access to all operational features, and notifications of critical machine health parameters.
- Utilizes machine’s existing hydraulic valves and electronic harnessing, increasing reliability over non-integrated systems.
- Sends Commands from the operator console and station directly to the engine and implement electronics via a remote-control module and a dedicated radio, reducing delays.
- Portable Remote Console
- Allows for line-of-sight control from a distance of up to 400 meters (437 yards).
- Uses spread spectrum technology to virtually eliminate interference from other wireless devices utilizing the 2.4 GHz frequency bands, and features proprietary algorithms that secure the communications between the on-board wireless receiver and the console.
- Offers ergonomic design that enables an operator to comfortably work an entire shift; weighs just 3.8 kg (8.4 lbs) with battery and is suspended on the operator by adjustable nylon straps or “J-Hook” style over-the-shoulder support.
- Offers full functionality of the dozer, with basic machine functions such as start-up/shutdown, blade control, gear selection, steering and ripper control easily accessible through the ergonomic layout of the console controls, all of which are protected from impact by the aluminum roll bar.
- Provides access to advanced options such as Auto Blade Assist, AutoRip and Autocarry (if machine-equipped).
- Remote Operator Station
- Enables the operator to work outside of the cab from a comfortable, seated position in an environment modeled after the actual cab of the machine, with all ergonomic controls, alarms and features operating as they do in the dozer.
- Can be equipped for line-of-sight operation or for teleremote operation with the addition of video and audio feeds from the site and dozer.
- Can be set up within any type of enclosure, such as in a comfortable office environment, and can be configured for easy transport in a truck or trailer, which adds flexibility in its application.
- Allows multiple Command-equipped machines to be assigned to one operator station, providing ability for the operator to quickly select the machine to control by performing a simple switch function on the station display.
- Incorporates four high-resolution dozer-mounted cameras and a microphone for non-line-of-sight operations, giving the operator a complete picture of the machine’s working environment for safe, productive operation in a wide range of site conditions.
- Semi-Autonomous Operation
- Allows a single operator to manage up to five machines in push-to-an-edge applications, helping to maximize dozing efficiencies while reducing site operating costs.
- Makes next-generation dozing a reality by allowing operation of dozers from a remote location either on the mine site or miles away, and reduces costs by tying multiple machines to a single operator and station.
- Adds to the features of the Remote Operator Station, providing situational awareness with 2D computer-generated imagery.
- Includes a tactical planner system that features real-time terrain mapping through a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), which reacts in real time to mapped environmental changes, and is designed to handle operator interventions quickly and smoothly.
- Requires implementation of Auto Blade Assist, Autocarry and AutoRip Control; also requires Terrain with blade control to assist with productivity to a design plan.
- Delivers consistent and more efficient operations to reduce fuel usage, which translates to a reduction in emissions.
- Enables higher machine utilization, for reductions in idle time and less wasted fuel.
- Incorporates machine health technologies and data analytics to maximize asset health and performance, reducing waste.
- Reduces operational waste by about 40%.
SEE HOW Cat Command for Dozing in Mining COMPARES AGAINST FREQUENTLY COMPARED PRODUCTS.
Cat Command for Dozing in Mining
Cat Command for Compaction
Cat Command for Drilling