Cat Command for Drilling
Cat Command for Drilling
DESCRIPTIONCat MineStar Command for drilling ensures that every hole is accurately placed, drilled to the proper elevation and angle, and able to stand up until blasting. A range of capabilities lets site managers configure and automate the drilling system to their budgets and needs.
Factory-Ready for Manned Automation
- Leveling — Provides safe, solid footing on uneven ground.
- Mast positioning — Raises the mast and locks it at the proper angle.
- Drill cycle — Maintains optimum bit speeds and pressures for a quality hole that stands up until it can be loaded with explosives.
Cat® MineStar™ Terrain for Drilling
Operator Mission Assist
Semi-Autonomous Single Row Drilling
Autonomous Pattern Drilling
- Enhances fragmentation consistency by precisely executing drill patterns.
- Ensures accurate hole placement— to the right location and toe elevation.
- Ensures better-shot material, which means smoother downstream operations.
- Allows removal of operators from dust and other hazards.
- Improves operator comfort, recruitment and retention.
- Simplifies training to make new operators productive more quickly.
- Through improved consistency, reduces the costs associated with fuel, drill tools and explosives.
- Improves equipment utilization, productivity and operator effectiveness.
- Allows adjustment of collar elevations on uneven ground to ensure consistent toe elevations.
- Reduces non-drilling time, enabling the machine to spend more time drilling.
- Preserves machine life and reduces G.E.T. tool waste by limiting operation to be within the OEM parameters for both the machine and the drill tools.
- Enables consistent drilling from operator to operator on any terrain.
MineStar is a fully integrated system between Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health and Command.
- Operator Mission Assist is fully integrated into the base machine displays of Cat MD6250 and MD6310 drills.
- The Semi-Autonomous user interface is built on the same user interface platform as Cat drills, enabling a common user interface between Command and manned drill products.
- The Remote Operator Station has the same chair, joysticks and keypads as the new Cat drill line. It also displays the base machine screens to the operator from the remote operator station.
While putting Cat technology on Cat equipment is the idea scenario, Command for drilling is not limited to Cat machines. The system is interoperable with multiple brands of drills.
Caterpillar uses a drill interface to allow for autonomous commands to be sent to the base machine, while maintaining the integrity of the base machine manual functions.
In addition to Command for drilling, Terrain for drilling can also be installed on multiple brands of drills.
Command for drilling follows a building block approach — from remote control technologies to Operator Mission Assist, from Semi-Autonomous to Fully Autonomous — which allows sites to adopt automated drilling at different levels. This approach is unique to the industry.