New | 826K Landfill Compactor
Cat Landfill Compactors are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to operate more efficiently and safely. Introduced in 1978, the 826 has been the industry leader for over 35 years. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series. The 826K continues our legacy of reliability, performance, safety, operator comfort, serviceability, and efficiency.
|Operating Weight||90207.0 lb|
|Gross Power||435.0 hp|
|Net Power||405.0 hp|
|Engine Model||Cat® C15 ACERT™|
|Emissions||Tier 4 Final/Stage IV or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent|
|High Idle Speed||2300.0 RPM|
|Low Idle Speed||800.0 RPM|
|Maximum Altitude without Derating (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||9298.0 ft|
|Maximum Net Torque @ 1,300 rpm||1478.8 lbf-ft|
|Net Power: Converter Drive - Gross Power||435.0 hp|
|Net Power: Converter Drive - Torque Rise||8.5 %|
|Net Power: Direct Drive - Gross Power||412.0 hp|
|Net Power: Direct Drive - Torque Rise||33.0 %|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249)||405.0 hp|
|Rated Power (Net SAE J1349)||405.0 hp|
|Maximum Altitude without Derating (Tier 3/Stage IIIA)||9098 ft|
|Transmission Type||Planetary - Powershift - ECPC|
|Travel Speeds: Forward - Maximum 1st||3.7 mph|
|Travel Speeds: Forward - Maximum 2nd||6.6 mph|
|Travel Speeds: Forward - Maximum Eco Mode||4.3 mph|
|Travel Speeds: Reverse - Maximum 1st||4.3 mph|
|Travel Speeds: Reverse - Maximum 2nd||7.6 mph|
|Travel Speeds: Reverse - Maximum Eco Mode||4.6 mph|
|Lift System||Double Acting Cylinder|
|Main Relief Pressure||3495.0 psi|
|Maximum Supply Pressure||3495.0 psi|
|Pump Flow at 1,950 rpm||30.9 gal/min|
|Front||Planetary - Fixed|
|Rear||Planetary - Oscillating|
|Parking Brake||Drum and Shoe, Spring Applied, Hydraulic Released|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank||206.6 gal|
|Cooling System||30.6 gal|
|Differentials and Final Drives - Front||26.4 gal|
|Differentials and Final Drives - Rear||29.1 gal|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||8.5 gal|
|Engine Crankcase||9.0 gal|
|Hydraulic Tank Only||35.4 gal|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV) – Multiple Blade and Wheel Offerings||90207 lb|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA equivalent) Multiple Blade and Wheel Offerings||89186 lb|
|Height to Top of Cab with A/C||14.99 ft|
|Height to Top of Exhaust Pipe||14.56 ft|
|Height to Top of Hood||10.87 ft|
|Ground Clearance to Bumper||3.15 ft|
|Hitch to Center Line of Front Axle||6.07 ft|
|Width over Wheels||12.47 ft|
|Center Line of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight - Including Rear Radiator Guard||10.16 ft|
|Center Line of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight - No Rear Radiator Guard||9.38 ft|
|Height to ROPS/Canopy||14.02 ft|
|Height to Top of Cab with Strobe||15.63 ft|
|Length with Blade on Ground - (includes rear radiator guard) (straight blade)||28.59 ft|
|Turning Radius - Inside of Wheels||9.18 ft|
|Ground Clearance||2.11 ft|
|Cab – Suppression|
|Operator Sound Pressure Level (ISO 6396)||72 dB(A)|
|Machine Sound Power Level (ISO 6395)||110 dB(A)|
|Hydraulic System – Steering|
|Maximum System Flow||170 L/min @ 1,950 rpm (44.9 gal/min @ 1,950 rpm)|
|Steering Pressure Limited||3481.0 psi|
|Steering System - Circuit||Double Acting - End Mounted|
|Steering System - Pump||Piston - Variable Displacement|
|Vehicle Articulation Angle||86.0 Degrees|
|Cab – Standard|
|Operator Sound Pressure Level (ISO 6396)||73 dB(A)|
|Machine Sound Power Level (ISO 6395)||113 dB(A)|
|Wheels and Tips|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Drum Diameter||5.28 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Drum Width||3.94 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Outside Diameter||6.47 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Tips per Wheel||30|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Weight||20540.0 lb|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Width over Drums||12.47 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Drum Diameter||5.28 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Drum Width||3.94 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Outside Diameter||6.47 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Tips per Wheel||30|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Weight||21125.0 lb|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Width over Drums||12.47 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Drum Diameter||5.28 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Drum Width||3.94 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Outside Diameter||6.47 ft|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Tips per Wheel||30|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Weight||22002.0 lb|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Width over Drums||12.47 ft|
Delivering the efficiency and productivity you demand through integrated machine systems.
Efficiency with Eco Mode
The Eco Mode when active allows the machine to go into auto-shift when machine is not operating at maximum torque conditions. This feature will automatically shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear with a capped engine top speed. The feature senses the need for ground torque and will upshift and downshift accordingly, optimizing performance and thus saving fuel. This feature can be easily enabled or disabled on the soft keypad.
The left pedal acts as a brake, transmission neutralizer and an engine decelerator to override the engine speed selected by the throttle lock. This enables the operator to slow down when the throttle lock is engaged and to return to throttle lock without pressing a resume or set button again. This aids in maneuvering around trucks, tractors or any other obstacle.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
Experience maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection
- Smoother, faster cycles help reduce operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls
Confident machine operation starts with precise machine control enabled by the 826K’s load sensing hydraulic steering system.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees each way of steering articulation
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions
Electro Hydraulic Controls
Operators increase productivity with our responsive implements feature.
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls
Purpose-built from the ground up for the toughest conditions.
We know the harsh environment your machines encounter at the working face of your landfill on a daily basis. This is why the 826 is specifically designed and made with purpose built structures to remain safe and durable for the long run.
Your bottom line is improved by highly durable structures that achieve multiple life cycles and withstand the toughest loading conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame
- Axle mounting has been optimized for increased structural integrity
Operate more efficiently with improved power and control.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
Building your success begins with a best-in-class transmission.
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls that utilize Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS).
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Two forward and two reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat Torque Converter (TC) with Lock-up Clutch
- Eliminates TC losses while lowering system heat
- Improves travel speeds
- Increases fuel efficiency
Cat C15 ACERT Engine
The Cat C15 ACERT engine is built and tested to meet your most demanding applications. Two engine options are available that meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards.
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls works in concert with the entire machine to make your fuel go farther.
- Use less fuel idling with Engine Idle Shutdown.
- Maximized durability with Delayed Engine Shutdown.
Best-in-class operator comfort and ergonomics.
Your operators can work more efficiently and stay comfortable with our customer-inspired cab features.
Entry and Exit
Enter and exit the cab easily and safely with these newly designed, ergonomic features.
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest
- Reduced access stairway angles
- Standard stairway lighting
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
Enhance comfort and help reduce operator fatigue with Cat Comfort Series III seat.
- Mid back design and extra thick, contoured cushions
- Air suspension system
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt
Ergonomic placement of switches and information display keep your operators comfortable all day every day.
- Large backlit membrane switches feature LED activation indicators
- Switches feature ISO symbols for quick function identification
- Two position rocker switch activates the electro hydraulic park brake
Your operator’s productivity is enhanced with our clean, comfortable cab environment.
- Experience reduced vibrations from isolation cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Reduced sound levels
- Convenient floor storage tray/lunch box
Monitor, manage, and enhance your job site operations.
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
LINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, giving you access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface to help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating costs. VIMS™ data, like events, histograms, and historical trends, can be downloaded for analysis, giving you the information you need to proactively maintain fleet health and optimize performance and uptime.
DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by enhancing operator awareness of the work area around working equipment and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions, like avoidance zones.
Rear Vision Camera
The optional rear vision camera greatly enhances visibility behind the machine to help the operator work more productively. Work with greater confidence and at peak potential while keeping people and assets safe.
COMPACT technologies combine advanced compaction measurement, in-cab guidance, and reporting capabilities to help you consistently meet compaction targets fast, uniformly, in fewer passes – saving on fuel and rework.
AccuGrade™ Compaction Control
The dealer-installed AccuGrade system uses the Cat Compaction Algorithm to measure effective compaction value and deliver real-time 3D pass mapping guidance to the cab, indicating where to work and when layers are compacted to optimum density. Pass mapping helps eliminate voids, optimize cell space, and document results. VisionLink 3D Project Monitoring provides landfill managers with detailed compaction analysis to more effectively monitor and manage their operation.
Enabling high uptime by reducing your service time.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 826K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of potential spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination with sight gauges.
- Optional swing-out stairs enable easy access to the engine compartment.
- Swing out fuel and hydraulic oil coolers for easy access cleanout.
- Ground level power service center with electrical disconnect, emergency engine shutdown, and stairway light switch.
- Lighting inside the engine compartment improves visibility to service points.
Your Cat dealers know how to keep your machines productive.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
A valued partner, your Cat dealer is available whenever you need them.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Improve your efficiency with operator training
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
Making your safety our priority.
We are constantly improving our products in an effort to provide a safe work environment for the operator and those who work on your job site.
- Left and right hand stairs are angled to enhance safety for operators getting on and off the 826K.
- Continuous pass-through with handrails and non-skid surfaces are designed into the service areas.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Optional rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab mounted LED warning strobes
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat
- Standard front glass guard
Stewards of the environment.
Reducing the Impact to the Environment
The 826K is designed and built with sustainability in mind.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 826 is one of the most rebuilt products to achieve the second and third life to get the most value from your investment. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
Maximize uptime, long life - it’s what you expect from your bottom line.
Working in the toughest application, the purpose built 826K Landfill Compactor has specialized waste guarding to protect key components and systems from damage, debris, chemicals, premature wear, or wrapping of the material around components. This additional guarding includes:
- Engine and Power Train Guards - Hydraulically actuated guards help prevent trash build-up and shield components.
- Front Frame Guards - Front frame guards prevent trash build-up inside the frame. This guard further protects components and hydraulic lines.
- Axle Wrapping and Seal Guarding - The guarding prevents material from wrapping and binding around the axles, as well as assist in ease of cleaning.
- Major System Guarding and Sight Gauges - Transmission oil tube is guarded to resist damage from debris. The sight gauge for the transmission is visible from ground level. The fuel tank is positioned away from the debris in the front frame and is easily accessed.
- Air Inlet Screen - The vertically corrugated, fine mesh, air inlet screen helps reduce trash from entering the radiator area and allows for debris to fall off.
- Striker Bars and Optional Cleaner Fingers - Striker bars are located in front of and behind the rear wheels and behind the front wheels. Striker bars help to keep wheels free of debris to assist the wheel step tips in maintaining good compaction. In cohesive material or severe packing conditions, optional cleaner fingers are available to further assist in keeping the wheel step tips clean.
- Extended Roof - An oversized roof extends past the cab doors and windows to minimize debris build up.
- Under Hood Ventilation System - Creates a neutral pressure environment to prevent trash ingestion from hood openings while providing fresh air to the alternator, electronics and turbo.
More options to fit your operation.
New Long Life Paddle and Plus Design Compactor Tips
Providing up to 40% longer life than previous offering. Designed specifically to compliment Cat machines. Improving machine performance!
- Longer wear life
- Maintaining traction
Three new wheel and tip configurations are available to meet your particular application: 1) Paddle Tip - High performance and less fuel burn with more traction and less weight. 2) Plus Tip - Traditional design for increased side slope stability. 3) Combination Tip - Both paddle and plus tips provide the best compromise of performance and fuel economy with side slope stability.
Save time and money by working smart.
Data from customer machines show Cat landfill compactors are among the most fuel efficient machines in the industry. Several features contribute to this excellent fuel efficiency:
- ACERT Engine - Advanced engine controls maximizes power and efficiency.
- Engine Idle Shutdown - Automatic engine and electrical system shutdown conserves fuel.
- Lockup Torque Converter - Transfers more power to the ground and optimizes fuel efficiency in all applications.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS) - All new SCSS transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points.
- Fuel Tank Capacity minimum of 12 hours operation depending on the application.
Machine configuration, operator technique, and job site layout can impact fuel consumption. • Machine Configuration - Select the correct blade and wheel configuration based on your individual application.
|OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT|
Other Models in this Category
- 816F Series 2 - 14136184
- 816K - 2015, Tier 4 Final, Stage IV - 1000020360
- 836K - 2013, Tier 4, AME, AUZ, CIS, EU, LACD, NACD - 18482468
Select Product Category
- Articulated Trucks
- Asphalt Pavers
- Backhoe Loaders
- Cold Planers
- Compact Track and Multi Terrain Loaders
- Material Handlers
- Motor Graders
- Off-Highway Trucks
- On-Highway Trucks
- Road Reclaimers
- Site Prep Tractors
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Track Loaders
- Wheel Dozers
- Wheel Excavators
- Wheel Loaders
- Wheel Tractor-Scrapers